The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Drive office vehicles carefully and safely with adherence to local driving codes and internally agreed standards,
- Conduct regular check-up of vehicles and routine check-up/servicing and maintenance/repair,
- Keep the vehicles neat and clean, and in good condition,
- Ensure that vehicle is cleaned regularly according to government covid-19 regulations,
- Maintain vehicle log-book properly and keep records up-to-date,
- Support administrative tasks and provide logistical support to support IFES Nepal special events, meetings and normal office operations, when required
- Carry out any other related duties as required by supervisors and the office.
- A valid driving license for light vehicle (4DW) and motorbike with experience on off-road and city driving;
- At least five years of professional driving experience, with minimum of two years of hands-on experiences in an international organization;
- Minimum a School Leaving Certificate (SLC) passed;
- Good command in spoken and written English;
- Good Interpersonal skills and professional attitude;
- Willing work extra hours in off-hours, weekends and holidays;
- Ability to engage effectively and proactively with staff, work well in a team and under pressure;
- Drivers must confirm compliance to government
COVID-19 guidance; and
- Availability to travel may be required up to 15%:.