National Program Coordinator (FEMALE ONLY)
National Federation of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (NFWLHA), formerly known as the Women’s Network against HIV & AIDS (WONAHA), was initially established as a loose network in 2006 and was legally registered in 2007 with a vision to create a just and equitable society environment. NFWLHA works for the equal rights of women and children’s along with the Youth who are living with HIV. Our goal is to sustain empowerment and give the rights to children, Youth and Women in the society by creating a friendly environment.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Date of Issue: 22nd May 2023
Closing Date: 28th May 2023
National Federation of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (NFWLHA), formerly known as the Women’s Network against HIV & AIDS (WONAHA), was initially established as a loose network in 2006 and was legally registered in 2007 with a vision to create a just and equitable society environment.
NFWLHA works for the equal rights of women and children’s along with the Youth who are living with HIV.
Our goal is to sustain empowerment and give the rights to children, Youth and Women in the society by creating a friendly environment.
1. National Program Coordinator – 1 Position ( FEMALE ONLY)
Period: 6 months [Possibility of extension based on performance]
Location: Center Office, Kathmandu, Nepal with frequent field visits
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- To develop policies plans and programs to fulfill NFWLHA’s vision, mission, goals and objectives (VMGO), in consultation with advisory and executive committee.
- Coordinate local government authorities, and other non-governmental organizations to create collaborative efforts through regular meetings, interactions.
- Represent organization at different forums, platform, network and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
- Manage the programs and staffs of NFWLHA: designing, developing, planning, implementing, communicating, reporting, monitoring and evaluating programs and staff.
- Regularly review the progress with project team; project timeline/deadline, deliverables, planned project activities and ensure the quality of project activities.
- Keep the project information up to date and ensue meeting programmatic and financial compliance. Maintain a professional conduct, while intervening the project activities.
- Work closely with finance person in the organization to prepare budget, any amendments and forecasts as per project requirements and timeline in consultation with funding agency.
- Provide necessary technical support required to the organization management team.
- Identify and develop new programs, write proposals and raise funds for NFWLHA.
- Implement NFWLHA’s policies, Strategic, rules and regulations.
- Link up and coordinate with program officers and Member Organizations to implement organizational and project activities and provide technical support.
- Identify, link up and coordinate with different local, regional, national and international stakeholders for resource mobilization to sustain the organization.
- Good Knowledge about the public health and Gender.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive board
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Social Science/Public Health or similar relevant field, Preferred Master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of experience must be in areas of women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Exposure to programming and experience in the field of HIV and AIDS.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks (multi-tasking) related to programme development and resource mobilization.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Nepali, both written and spoken. Good knowledge of local languages will be desirable.
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for with expected salary and an updated CV including 2 references with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm of 28th May, 2023. Incomplete application will be disqualified. NFWLHA reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Phone calls will not be entertained; such applicant will be automatically disqualified.
NFWLHA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people living with HIV, disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.P.H. (Bachelors in Public Health), Bachelor's degree in social science, Master's preferred, Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||22 May, 2023|
|Apply Before||28 May, 2023|