Monitoring Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Monitoring Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project. This anticipated project is a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives; it assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. MSI anticipates the follow-on to continue providing these services, resulting in strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This will likely be a 5-year project scheduled to begin after April 2020.
MSI is seeking a Senior Monitoring Specialist with experience in international development projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in performance monitoring, preferably with USAID projects. The position will require managing monitoring work across Nepal from an MSI office in Kathmandu.
- Work directly with USAID to review monitoring and evaluation plans of implementing partners and recommend methods to strengthen performance indicators and data collection approaches.
- Work directly with USAID to refine the Mission’s Performance Monitoring Plan.
- Work directly with USAID to manage and analyze performance data.
- Coordinate and supervise data quality assessments.
- Plan and implement dissemination efforts for sharing results and findings of monitoring activities under the portfolio.
- Ensure the quality, timeliness and technical sophistication of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Nepal’s monitoring and reporting systems.
- Master’s degree in social science, development studies or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
- 8 years of direct experience in developing and managing monitoring systems for international development organizations.
- Experience designing qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts, and analyzing and reporting data.
- Experience with USAID preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com