Detailed Job description / requirements:
The primary responsibility is planning, developing and implementing media strategies to promote Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) of women living with HIV, Female sex workers, Female who use drugs. The main responsibilities are:
Work with the technical team to;
- Develop media advocacy strategy plan of FAITH.
- Develop a website/app for girls/women to share their experience while accessing abortion services.
- Develop short creative videos with a positive message to promote gender equity to reduce abortion related stigma and shame and to raise awareness on SRHR as human rights of the marginalized populations.
- Create a social media campaign to support and disseminate the videos produced and ensure that the campaign/videos produced is widely distributed online and offline;
- Support in workshops, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
- Monitor and evaluate impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences.
- Maintain FAITH’s website and social media sites such as daily monitoring, posting and content development.
- Develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, media coverage photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
- Work closely with project officer on a daily basis to identify appropriate communication activities for new projects development and to ensure timely and quality production of advocacy materials such as leaflets, human interest Stories, branding materials such as infographics, donor reports, project briefing notes, Human Interest Stories, picture stories, videos, etc. are developed and disseminated to donors and target groups through relevant media and network channels.
- Maintain close interaction with other entities including government bodies, journalists, organizations working in SRHR.
Minimum Qualification and other Requirements:
Education: Bachelors Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field.
- At least five years of similar work experience in media advocacy (digital and online media in particular) is required.
- Proven experience in Planning and implementation of advocacy campaigns;
- Technical skills in producing media products and videos;
- Good knowledge of health and human rights especially SRHR, media advocacy and digital rights.
- Excellent written and oral English communication. Knowledge of any local languages/dialects is an asset.
- Work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
- Have advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher).
- Basic design and layout skills, use of Adobe Photoshop, Pagemaker, video editing software and camera operating skills are an added advantage.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally, with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Please submit your CV with cover letter, recent photograph, detailed work responsibilities, two references (one must be of the current/last organization), driving license number, salary history and expected salary at: email@example.com.
Incomplete application will not be entertained.
Women applicants from ethnic groups are strongly encouraged to apply.