Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal Bankers’ Association (NBA) invites application from qualified, committed and result-oriented Nepalese citizens for the following position:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct situation analysis, context analysis, comparative analysis, etc. of Nepalese Banking Industry and Financial Sector;
- Keep update on information related to the development in banking sector and policies related to it;
- In coordination with member banks and relevant organizations, organize financial literacy events, activities, campaigns, etc.;
- Prepare banking promotion materials, leaflets, banners, etc.;
- Draft proposals, concept note, agreement as required;
- Provide necessary support and guidance as well as take lead in conduction of different programs and activities of the Association;
- Take initiative to coordinate with external local/international organizations to arrange the program;
- Identify opportunities for new program development and expansion;
- Act as a liaison officer of the Association;
- Represent the Association and presentation of views and suggestion in different program and activities in different policy and advocacy forums;
- Ensure that the Association’s website is up-to-date and make it more informative;
- Regularly update the social media pages of the Association including Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
- Supervise and monitor activities of the sub-ordinates and provide necessary support and guidance;
- Support various NBA Sub-Committees with their activities;
- Provide support in other affairs & coordinate with ED to formulate plans of the Association.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- Minimum Master’s degree in Banking, Finance or any other related subject;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of experience as Asst. Manager and/or above required;
- Knowledge about financial/economic sector;
- Good knowledge about Nepalese banking industry;
- Good writing skills, communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to enhance relationship with banks, regulatory authorities, government agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Capacity to lead and participate in multidisciplinary teams;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to gather and analyze significant quantities of data;
- Good technical skills including MS-applications and using social media;
- A high level of personal efficiency, and the ability to balance multiple urgent or important tasks without undue stress;
- Experience of working in BFIs preferable.
Interested candidates are requested to send CV and Cover Letter (including salary expectation) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd March 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process. Failure to provide CV and Cover Letter including salary expectation may result in the application being disqualified for further consideration. The Association reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. Canvassing at any stage of the process will lead to automatic disqualification.