Local Planning and Disaster Governance Manager
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Local Planning and
Disaster Governance Manager
Gross Salary: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm), flexible within COVID pandemic period.
Contract: Long Term
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for detailed location.
Reporting to: Project Manager or CEO
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as a Local Planning and Disaster Governance Manager. will be responsible for activities and deliverables to support Local Governments in developing and delivering their disaster management plans and planning activities.
The major objective of this position is to develop capacities and understanding of local government leadership and support them ineffective planning for multi-hazard disaster planning and preparation of planning and disaster preparedness and response documents. More specifically, the Manager will:
- Function as a focal person at SWN in better understanding of multi-hazards and risks and formulate plans and strategies in developing a knowledge base at the institution
- Coordinate and support expert teams and professionals in management and coordination of projects and activities, including through visits outside Kathmandu.
Possible specific activities
- Review of policies, plans, and budgets of Local Governments covered by current projects; analyze prevailing strengths and weaknesses in the existing plans regarding DRRM and the ways of local planning processes.
- Update with the project activities, interventions, outputs, and support the LGs to mainstream DRR/DRRM initiatives into LG's system and support to implement them in the current fiscal year.
- Support LGs to strengthen the capacity of LDMC members, make the LDMC functional to carry out the roles and responsibilities as per Disaster Management Act-2017 and Local Government Operation Act-2017
- Coordinate and support a team of professionals/consultants for the development of the Disaster Preparedness and Response Plan (DPRP) of partner GP/NP in close coordination with the project management team.
- Carryout the field visits and consultations meetings with LGs as necessary
- Prepare the presentations and facilitate the field level activities for the development of DPRP
- Prepare reports, presentations and participate in project meetings as necessary
- Master Degree in Planning, Governance and Disaster areas and other related advanced degrees from reputed organizations.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in the relevant areas.
- Ability to organize and plan well and establish priorities, meet deadlines and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Excellent communicator in both English and Nepali languages
- Possess strong report writing skills.
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Available for interview week commencing 1st of August 2021 (video conference if necessary)
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 6th August 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmand
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations, and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.