Detailed Job description / requirements:
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
LOCATION: British gurkhas Kathmandu & British Gurkhas pokhara
REQ NO: 02
REFERENCE: V (19/20).08
(Issued date: 23 Jul 2019)
Support the DIO (Nepal) mission by assisting various tradesperson to carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks and new works as directed by the Foreman Works / Plant Property Maintenance.
Assist qualified tradesperson in their normal duties, as required.
- Safely operate grounds maintenance equipment such as lawn mower, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, saw pruner and other cutting tools etc.
- Safely operate electrical power tools and drill machines.
- Assist stores person during issue and return of items.
- Assist office business as and when directed by line managers.
- Ensure DIO office area and compound is neat, tidy and safe for users.
- Any other tasks commensurate with grade and competence, as directed by line management.
Ideal candidate will display quality, efficiency, consistency in key areas of operation with organized approach. Should be able to produce standard work with minimum supervision within given time and should have understanding of the following:
Behaviors: Changing and improving, Communicating and influencing, Working together
Strengths: Disciplined, Learner, Responsible, Problem Solver
(Please refer to the links at the bottom of this page for definition of behavior and strengths)
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Be able to understand, absorb and retain technical theory and skills, and have the ability to understand instructions given in English and Nepali.
- Be familiar with all relevant Health & Safety at Work matters dependent on attached tradesman.
- Must be physically fit with good eyesight and hearing, and be capable of carrying assessed loads and climbing ladders/scaffolding and preferably competent to work at height or in confined spaces.
- To have served a minimum of 1 year as an unskilled labourer or have relevant experience.
Salary: NPR. 35,526.00
Other benefit: Dashain Bonus, Gratuity, Provident Fund
Duty Hours: 40hrs a week
Leave: Annual 25 days, Public Holidays 10 days
Medical: 100% reimbursement for job holder and limited reimbursement for immediate dependents
How to apply:
Please Click here to download application form for the labourer or go through the link below:
For more queries, please call 00977-01-4235260, at British Gurkhas Nepal, Manbhawan Lalitpur.
Applications must be fully completed and submitted to BGN HR Office via email: email@example.com by 05 August 2019.
Applications without complete information will not be entertained.
Interviews for candidates successful at sift will take place at British Gurkhas Kathmandu towards last week of August 2019.
Please check that you have fully completed Part 1a, 1c, 2a and 2b.
Please mention your preferred location.
Application received by any other means will not be considered.
Application received after the closing date and time will not be considered.