Journalist or documentary maker
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Reconstruction and Research Development Centre, Nepal (RRDC) is a leading not for profit non-government organization in Karnali Region, established and registered in SWC in 2010 AD. RRDC has a significant contribution to improve the lives of people through different interventions like Education, Health, Livelihood Enhancement, Advocacy, and Good Governance Promotion etc.
Currently, RRDC Mugu is implementing "Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security Resilience of Disadvantaged Population Group in Mugu and Bajura (SAMPURNA) Project with the technical and financial support from Welthungerhilfe Nepal. The project aims to strengthen resilience of disadvantaged population group through Good Governance Promotion, Agriculture and Value Chain Development and Nutrition Awareness.
To prepare a documentary video of project activities held till date, RRDC is looking for highly dedicated and experienced journalist or documentary maker for SAMPURNA Project.
Position: Journalist or documentary maker (1) at Khatyad, Mugu
Duration: As per need
- Coordinate with the team members to study and assess perfect and effective scenario for footage and clip making that really helps public to learn and disseminate information from the organization
- Coordinate with the organization through timely sharing about the challenges, and other obstacles (may be learning)faced during the task
- Prepare the best and innovative documentary that must cover all the events/activities of the project with the organizational background
- Provide a creative documentary that would finally benefit the project/organization directly or indirectly
- Provide the completed documentary within the time framework
- Working in national media (e.g. on television sector) with a minimum five years of experience
- Documentary maker should be at least professional
- Excellent communication and representation skill
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Proficiency in the Nepali language
- Able to travel through most remote and harsh conditions
Interested candidates are requested to submit the Motivation (Cover) letter, CV with relevant testimonials at: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position applying for at the subject line. Please apply before 5:00 PM, 14 February 2020. RRDC is an equal opportunity provider. The recruitment process includes both written and interview tests, and selection will be made based on the position’s competency criteria scores.