Nepal News is Nepal’s first online news portal with a mission to lead and innovate for the advancement of Nepal’s mass media through credible and contemporary practices on information generation and opinion-making. Nepalnews.com provides in-depth insight into the country and rest of the world. It delivers fresh and credible news, all-encompassing views, and a variety of interactive content that comes together with contemporary multimedia practices.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Gather news from sources
- Collect information on assigned topics to report accurate and timely news
- Translate news from Nepali to English
- Gather, corroborate, interpret and analyze latest news
- Upload news to website
- Strong writing skills and ability to convey information in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Must be proficient in both English and Nepali language
- Able to work on a flexible schedule
- Strong research skills including the ability to navigate online search engines
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office, Digital editing, Web search, Databases)
- Knowledge of website backend is a plus
- Bachelor degree in related field is a minimum
- Should have training, internship or work experience in relevant field
- Ability to follow strict deadlines and fast-check information
- Strong communication and networking skills along with an aptitude to learn
- Good observation and deduction skills
- Minimum 4-5 years’ work experience
- Must be below 40 years old.
- fluency in both english and nepali language.