- Company: TPO Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Baluwatar
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- B. A. (Bachelors in Art)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading organizations in the psychosocial and mental health field. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Currently, the organization is implementing a project "Sensing Technology to Personalize Adolescent Maternal Depression Treatment in Low Resource Settings (StandStrong)" funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. StandStrong is a mobile technology research study with adolescent mothers in Chitwan, Nepal.
TPO Nepal is seeking competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following positions.
Position: Research Assistant
Number of vacancy-03
Location: Chitwan District (Full time)
Time: 1 September, 2018 to August 31, 2019
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research activities including recruitment of study participants, meetings with participants and family members.
- Visit study participants weekly to collect sensing data generated from the mobile phone application.
- Collect qualitative data through interviews and focus group discussions.
- Ensure high quality qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Coordinate with government-employed Female community health volunteers (FCHV), auxiliary nurse midwives and community counselor to ensure effective counseling services to study participants.
- Work closely with the TPO Nepal research coordinator and clinical supervisors to assure that the research activities run as planned.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the research coordinator and IT manager on the technological and project-specific challenges.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in field of public health, psychology, population health, anthropology, epidemiology, global health, or related field.
- At least one year of research experience in the community setting.
- Technologically adept. Experience working with mobile health, digital technology, or electronic-health data collection or interventions is preferred.
- Willing to work in multicultural environment.
- Strong coordination skills.
- Flexible to work beyond office hours when required.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas in Chitwan district.
- Good command on both written and spoken English and Nepali languages.
- Able to mobilize in the field actively by driving scooter or motorbike.
- Knowledge and previous work experience in mental health is preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, letter of interest disclosing expected salary to email@example.com no later than August 20, 2018.