- Company: Community Development Center, Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Bidur Municipality-2 Nuwakot
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
- Mid-Western Region
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Community Development Centre Nepal (CDC-Nepal) is a non-governmental organization established in 2065 B.S and registered in Nuwakot Administration District Office affiliated with social welfare council and also registered in Internal Revenue Department. The organization is actively working in the area of local governance, community development, community empowerment, capacity development, livelihood, DRR, Health, WASH and Human right protection. It is community based organizations working actively in grassroots for sustainable livelihood outcomes through community empowerment, participatory, gender mainstreaming, inclusive and rights based approach. The organization has been providing services to marginalized people for accessing local level resources.
CDC Nepal invites applications from all interested and potential Nepali candidates for the following positions:
Position: Program Manager / Program Coordinator
Program/Project: WASH Recovery Intervention-Round-3 under Purnima: UK Support to Post Earthquake Recovery in Nepal
Reports to: ED
Staff directly reporting to this position: 10 (AFO 1, RDO-1, Engineers-2, SMO 1, HP-4, Log-1)
Staff Indirectly Reporting to this position: 25
Location: Nuwakot, Shivapuri Rural Municipality
2.0 JOB PURPOSE (summary of job)
The Program Manager/Program Coordinator will work under direct supervision and monitoring of ED and work to ensure that project concerns are incorporated in different stages of project cycle; situation assessment, project development, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring and reporting. This requires liaising with technical, managerial and finance staff and support to implement the developed strategies for incorporating project concerns. S/He is responsible to facilitate training and orientation to build capacity of staffs and communities so that they are enabled to carry out many these functions on their own. S/He documents success stories, case studies, best practices and lesson learned related to program Intervention. S/He networks with other organizations, to identify best practices, and to share CDC-Nepal's best practices and experiences.
Scope of Role
The scope of this position is to coordinate to implement DFID WASH Intervention Track-3 within the project framework. S/He will support the project team for day to day administration, mobilization of project team, establish linkages and coordination with Rural Municipalities and ensure that the activities are effectively implementing at community level. S/He is also responsible to oversight finance, operation, HR function, safety/security, donor’s compliance and audit.
3.0 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, MAIN DUTIES
3.1 Core Responsibilities & Duties - As per project document
Planning and budgeting
- Lead district level planning and budgeting of project in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and Project Proposal.
- Ensure and support project staffs to develop monthly plan and monthly budget along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget together with F&A Officer coordinating with organization’s chair person.
- Coordinate and maintain good relationship with local government, local communities and other stakeholders in the Districts such as Municipalities, Rural Municipalities, DCC, Media, donors and ensure that the execution of program activities is done in close coordination and collaboration with all stakeholders involved.
- Submission of progress reports to the concerned line agencies.
- Supervise and support Subordinates field level staffs on management, technical enhancement through training, coaching and counseling.
- Evaluate staff performance and recommendation
- Establish linkages between district line agencies in order to integrate the related components of the project, ensure that GESI priorities are fully integrated into all program intervention.
- Program planning and implementation, prepare monthly action plan and mobilize the team members.
- Lead and coordinate multidisciplinary theme and activities in the project areas coordinating with district and local authorities, and participating community group members.
- Ensure that the technical officers providing adequate technical support and are effectively mobilize to implement the activities.
- Ensure monthly progress, budget vs expenses tracked and timely submit, Develop corrective action plan if required.
- Prepare budget vs expenses monthly report and provide feedback if required for improvement.
- Coordinate quarterly analysis of progress, identify strengths and weaknesses/issues of the project and develop action plan to address the weakness/issues.
- Ensure that GESI priorities are fully integrated into all program interventions
- Prepare and request for quarterly and annual budget flow.
- Establish teamwork among all team members and ensure that all activities within the program will be carried out exactly in line with the organization’s core objectives,
- Prepare monthly action plan and get it approved from line Manager.
- Represent or coordinate in Rural Municipality ,district or other level if needed.
Monitoring and Review
- Coordinate monthly and Quarterly meeting of the project staffs.
- Support for Baseline, end line, mid-term and final evaluation process.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists ensuring that all technical officers and field staff are effectively mobilized.
- Conduct the review of progress made by the project staffs on a trimester basis and identify and work to improve their capacity, cost efficiency, accountability and organizational performance.
- Ensure the petty cash system is properly managed.
- Ensure that comply the organizational policies, Government, and donor’s requirements in time.
- Comply with all relevant policies and procedures of Save the Children with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Establish strong institutional relationship with District Coordination Committee and ensure that the technical officers effectively establish linkages and coordination with relevant line agencies for effective implementation of the projects.
- Coordinate with Team in District Office and ensure they mobilize effectively supporting the district project team to implement interventions.
3.2 OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES
- To obey the code of conduct of organization and other relevant policies.
- Ensure use of tools and template at the district as well as community level.
- Make regular field visit to collect and data verification and support to follow M&E system at field level.
- Collect and compile routine data and provide feedback to Subordinates.
- Participate in intensive monitoring visit along
- Review of progress report submitted by team members.
- Support to prepare individual field trip report, monthly work plan, collect and maintain file for reference.
- Prepare program update, presentation for sharing during the meeting and workshop.
- Disseminate program related message in different forum and through media in consultation with line supervisor.
- Carry out other duties assigned by Supervisor or Head of organization.
4.0 JOB SPECIFICATION (MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS)
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, sociology, administration, management and Rural development (Masters preferred)
- At least 3-5 Years' experience in development sectors specializing community development, WASH, Livelihood in development organizations or I/NGOs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to consistently work with a diverse range of stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- Skillful in collaborating, networking and negotiating with Government line agencies.
- Unquestioned integrity; demonstrated refusal to resort to unethical shortcuts.
- Strategic thinker; able to guide others to formulate effective strategies and plans.
- Seeking to model the CDC-Nepal's mission, vision & values
- Proactive and enthusiastic to utilize every opportunity to strengthen CDC-Nepal’s relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good in English and Nepali written and verbal communications skills.
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV, a cover letter with expected SALARY and a list of 2 referees, along with their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention the name of position as a subject line. Applications will be received until 16th July 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
CDC-Nepal places human dignity at the center of its relief and development work. At the heart of CDC-Nepal efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. The organization has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and child abuse and committed to protect from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse; involving organization employees and related persons.
CDC Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
CDC-Nepal reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.