- Company: Nepal Red Cross Society, Rolpa
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Rolpa
- 2+ years
- Intermediate (10+2)
- Rolpa district
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Nepal Red Cross Society, Rolpa District Chapter invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for Community Action for Health and WASH Project supported by Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) for the following positions.
Position: Palika Coordinator
Level: 5 (five)
Number: Two (Female -1, Male – 1)
Duty Station: Project site office located at Pariwartan Rural Municipality of Rolpa district
Minimum Requirements: Intermediate including CMA/ANM course or HA or PCL nursing from recognized institution. At least 2 years work experience in the field of development program in health and WASH sector. Need excellent communication, facilitation & motivation skills. Ability to write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Computer skills in Office Applications. Age bar is 18-35 yrs.
Contract period for all above positions are for one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates willing to travel frequently in remote areas and worked in pressured environment may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called at NRCS Rolpa District Chapter office, Libang for further selection process.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme. The employee should report to District Programme Coordinator (DPC).Detailed scope of work includes:
- Identify the health and WASH needs of the target population in the close coordination with Palika and ward office
- Ensure the implementation of programme activities in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the engagement/participation of key health and WASH partners and stakeholders in different stages of project implementation as required
- Support in reformation/formation of community level networks i.e. HFOMCs, PHC-ORC support teams, Quality Improvement Teams (QIT), Health Mothers Groups (HMGs),Rural Municipality WASH Coordination Committees (RM-WASH-Cs), Ward WASH Coordination Committees (W-WASH-CCs), Users' Committees, Junior/youth Red Cross Circles (J/YRCs) following the government and programmeguidelines and orient them on their roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate to assess and enhance the capacity of HFOMCs, PHC-ORC support teams, QIT,HMGs, RM-WASH-CCs, W-WASH-CCs, JYRCs, Users committees and utilize them to implement the health and WASH related activities
- Maintain good coordination and linkages with related stakeholders to achieve the optimum result of the programme.
- Facilitate interaction sessions related to Health and WASH at various community networks such as Health Mothers Groups, JYRCs, W-WASH-CCs etc.
- Support to organize various community level activities/campaigns focused on increasing health knowledge and awareness in the community.
- Support Palika to review existing policies, guidelines, strategic plan and assist to update/develop and implementthose documents. Support health facilities, RM-WASH-CCs and W-WASH-CCs to review, update and implement the health and WASH plan
- Collect and ensure proper distribution of IEC/BCC materials in the community
- Organize and facilitate various meetings, workshops and trainings as planned.
- Participate in programme related meetings, orientations, workshops and trainingsorganized at the level of Palika related to issues of Health and WASH.
- Make regular visit and also organize joint visit to the programme areas to monitor and observe progress of the project and also to provide micro level input to the relevantcommunity networks
- Utilize the developed protocols, manuals, formats and tools etc for the effective implementation of the project
- Collect information, prepare monthly and event based report and send to DPC on time.
- Coordinate with Palika and ward offices for matching the grant to construct WASH facilities and different health buildings
- Document good practices of the programme, prepare success stories and share
- Maintain the records of meeting minute, financial transactions of field and submit to District chapter with proper supporting as guided by District Program Coordinator.
- Ensure that the cross cutting issues such as gender, DRR, Climate change adaptation, social inclusion are addressed and mainstreamed in all aspects of WASH and Health interventions
- Fulfill other project assignments given by NRCS district chapter and NRCS CEHP.