- Company: The Pahar Trust Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Pokhara
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The Pahar Trust Nepal (PTN), based in Pokhara, a well reputed organization in the areas of education and health is looking for dynamic & enthusiastic candidate for the following positions.
Designation : Education Improvement Officer (EIO)
Level : 8-9 PTN level/grade .
Salary and benefits: As per PTN Personnel Administration and financial policy.
Qualifications/Experience: Bachelors' degree in education or other relevant subject, and a minimum of 3 years' work experience in the education and health sector. Masters' degree preferred.
Responsible to: Pahar Trust Nepal (PTN) Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Summary of position: The PTN Education Improvement Officer (EIO) will:
- work, under the direct line management of the CEO, as a member of the PTN operation team led by the PTN Board;
- be responsible for improving the leadership skills of head teachers, School Management Committees ,promoting alternative/ interactive teaching techniques, creating child friendly school environment and any other areas for development as may be determined by the PTN Board;
- communicate and collaborate with the PTN Board members and staff, government agencies and concerned stakeholders;
- facilitate and coordinate operations such as training; supplies; building construction; software activities; GESI and child safeguarding; and
- participate in the preparation of the annual work plan of action and reporting.
Work location: Based in PTN office in Pokhara.
Occasional visits to GAN in Kathmandu, working in close collaboration with them and with other concerned government and non-government stakeholders.
Frequent travel to visit (80%) different PTN schools in Nepal on an as needed basis in carrying out the responsibilities of the job .
Main purpose of the job: To improve access to education and the quality of education in PTN supported schools in Nepal.
Key tasks :Work with the CEO to:
- Arrange training for teachers in specific subject areas by designing and delivering, or coordinating the delivery of, individual or cluster level training/workshops on subject specific pedagogy; Subject Wise Teacher's Training (including Science, Maths, ICT and literacy in Early Grade Reading as priorities).
- Attending team meetings as required.Lead and work alongside Headteachers and school teachers to develop the quality of the environment, interactions, assessment, planning and teaching to support children's learning and development.
- Lead the planning, coordination and delivery of appropriate, relevant, high-quality professional development programmes to enable school staff to develop competence and confidence in their respective roles and practice.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks commensurate with the nature, level and scope of the role that contribute to achieving the main purpose of the job as outlined above.
Personal abilities :The Education Improvement Officer must:
- be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word , Excel, Power point ; maintain confidentiality at all times;work with courtesy, sensitivity, tact and flexibility;participate actively in supervisory and appraisal processes;participate in appropriate professional development; andbe aware of and act in accordance with all relevant policies, including the PTN childsafeguarding policy.
२. पद: प्रशासन सहायक
आबस्यक न्युनतम योग्यता: ब्यबस्थापन, लेखा, बित्त बिषयमा प्रमाणपत्र तह, सम्बन्धित बिषयमा स्नातक उत्तिर्णलाइ प्राथमिकता
तलब तथा सुबिधा: संस्थाको नियम अनुसार
३. पद: कार्यालय सहयोगी
आबस्यक न्युनतम योग्यता: १० कक्षा उतिर्ण सम्बन्धित काममा दक्षता भएकालाइ प्राथमिकता
तलब तलब तथा सुबिधा: संस्थाको नियमअनुसार
Interested candidates can apply with the CV along with the supporting documents by 19 March 2018 (5 Chaitra 2074) to the following address. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
Pahar Trust Nepal
Block 100, Shivalayamarg, Lane 2, PokharaLekhanath Metropolitan-8, Kaski,Nepal,