- Company: Food for Life Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Budhanilkantha-5, Kathmandu
- Accounting and Finance
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- CA / ICWA
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
An accountant provides accurate reconciliation of the organizations accounts. This includes bank statements and auditing of quarterly, monthly or yearly accounts. Duties include the financial preparation and analysis of accounts and reporting of financial variances and inaccuracies. Corrective action implementation and adherence to financial and tax regulations is essential therefore a certified qualification will be required. Additional skills in accounting software packages and excel will also be beneficial.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with national, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains donor confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- To prepare accounting records, reports etc. as per the organizations needs.