S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service provider. Since 2000, SWN has been working with multiple development partners and the Government of Nepal, delivering quality outputs in the design and management of locally and government-led projects and programs. The projects are focused on local organization capacity development strengthening local government capabilities, green resilient infrastructure development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the projects and programmes.
Details / requirements:
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Financial Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office)
Reporting to: Technical Coordinator
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Technical Coordinator in various aspects of project formulation, implementation, and management, and support the engineering team as a whole.
- Support SWN in its climate resilience, NbS, and bioengineering projects
- Develop knowledge and research on climate resilience, green infrastructures, nature-based green skills and tools
- Generate relevant project reports and documentation.
- Support the development of proposals including tailored approach and methodology based on the TOR.
- Support the SWN team in the research and development of good practices on hazards, vulnerability, and risks, assess the risks to formulate the appropriate plans, and strategies, and adopt necessary mitigation measures at the community and local government level
- Support in engineering and other projects carried out by the firm.
- Travel to project areas and/or project sites all over Nepal as per requirements.
Education and Professional Experiences
- Candidate must have a Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering and Master’s degree in discipline of Civil Engineering or Environment Sector
- At least two years of professional experience after a Master’s level degree or at least four years of relevant professional experience after a Bachelor’s level degree.
- Proficiency in the use of engineering design and analysis tools, and project management tools.
- Excellent communication skills with strong report writing skills.
- Excellent command of both English and Nepali languages.
- Proficiency in the use of engineering design and analysis tools, project management tools
Core Competencies and Technical/Functional Expertise:
- Excellent ability to work effectively under pressure, prioritize and implement multiple tasks within strict deadlines, and produce high-quality deliverables.
- Excellent ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal capacity with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.
- Ability and willingness for field travel.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Ability to plan, establish priorities meet deadlines, and initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote locations
- Available for interview week commencing from 11th December 2023
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-oriented and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV indicating your current address in Kathmandu (cover letter NOT required at this stage), no later than 15th December 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and services.