PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Dhading, Chitwan, Nuwakot, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 15 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal's projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. PHASE currently has over 160 staff working on different projects.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
VACANCY for a HR Officer
(please do not apply if you do not have a minimum 3 years of work experience as HR officer, we will not shortlist you)
(BASIC SALARY NRS 48,470) PER MONTH)
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha, Kathmandu, and Sindhupalchok districts of Nepal. For the last 15 years, PHASE Nepal has been improving the livelihoods of rural people by providing immediate support through health care and education services and create opportunities in communities for self-empowerment. Currently, PHASE Nepal's projects on health, education, livelihoods, and reconstruction are funded by a number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. We also implement various research projects in partnership with different universities from the UK and organizations from other Asian and African countries. Around 160 colleagues work with PHASE Nepal as full time staff and hundreds of volunteers help to accomplish our research and implementation activities.
Currently, PHASE Nepal invites applications for the following position:
Position: HR Officer – 1
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Basic Salary NRS 48,470 per month (basic starting salary scale) plus 10% of Basic Salary as PF, Gratuity 8.33% of Basic Salary as gratuity and one month’s salary equivalent as Festival Allowances on pro rata basis. Total gross salary comes around NRS 61,395 per month.
We also enrol all our staff along with their dependent (Spouse, 3 children or Parents) in Medical Insurance worth Rs. 2,25,000 (Two Lakhs Twenty Five Thousand) and Accidental Insurance worth Rs. 20,00,000 (Twenty Lakhs). Regarding the COVID insurance, we do COVID insurance (Rs 1 lakh) for employees including their dependents as mentioned in the Health Insurance.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· The candidate should have at least Bachelors' Degree or above in any discipline preferably with specialization in Human Resources Management (HRM).
· The candidate should have a minimum of 3 years' of work experience as HR Officer, in NGO sector with a demonstrable record of accomplishment of best performance.
· The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Nepali languages.
· The candidate must have excellent computer skills.
· The candidate must be a good team player and a problem solver.
1. Explain organization HR policies, benefits and procedures to employees or job applicants.
2. Monitor and report the implementation of HR policies and procedures to the department head on a regular basis.
3. Process, verify, and maintain documentation during recruitment, selection, background checks, hiring, orientation, training, grievances, performance appraisal, transfer, promotion, increment, disciplinary actions, termination or resignation etc.
4. Coordinate with media, advertising agencies, recruitment agencies etc in order to release vacancy advertisement/s as and when required.
5. Conduct preliminary interview of the candidates applying for a job and generate a report of each individual applicants as and when required.
6. Maintain up-to-date information of each employee of an organization in their personnel file and comprehensive detail on spreadsheet format in a computer following data principles of personal data security.
7. Gather relevant and necessary employee information from various units/departments and maintain up to date record accordingly, including such information as of attendance, leaves, application for leave, facilities etc.
8. Generate a monthly individual report on salary payable including applicable deductions, keep a record of it and provide it to concerned personnel at the finance and accounts department.
9. Mediate in workplace disputes as and when required.
10. Compile different relevant information from various internal and external sources in order to assist HR department to align/update the prevailing HR policies, procedures, forms and formats with the change of time, technology, culture, government laws etc.
11. Conduct performance appraisal on a specified time frame, facilitate the process, record the result and implement the decided reward and other actions.
12. Prepare monthly payroll of employees in coordination with the finance team.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and candidates with high motivation meeting above-mentioned criteria are requested to send their updated CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not apply if you do not have minimum of 3 years' of work experience as HR Officer, it is waste of your time, we will not shortlist you) no later than 25 Jan 2021. We are urgently looking for this position, therefore, we will close the application if we find an appropriate person before the application deadline. Therefore, apply as soon as possible if you are interested to apply. Please put your name on your CV, Application Letter and mention the position you applied for on the email subject line.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities or living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves the right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process. We will not entertain any telephone inquiries and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further selection process.