Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Senior Programme Advisor, Economic Policy Incubator - Nepal
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Economic Policy Incubator (EPI), launched in 2016 in Nepal, is a programme jointly sponsored by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and Nepal's Ministry of Finance. It is implemented by Palladium, in partnership with South Asia Watch on Trade, Economics & Environment (SAWTEE) and the Overseas Development Institute (ODI)
EPI's main objective is to strengthen economic policies and policy processes, support a better regulatory environment and harness investment in order to create quality jobs and achieve higher and sustainable economic growth. EPI works with the Government of Nepal (GoN) to help improve the technical quality of policies, regulations and procedures, improve policy processes and build the capacity of key stakeholders to achieve stronger economic governance.
Scope of the role
The Senior Advisor will be primarily responsible for developing, managing and delivering projects, including scoping, planning, coordinating other team members, and monitoring the achievement of results. They will also be responsible for quality assuring studies, reports and other project providing key technical expertise and guidance to take appropriate strategies to further projects with GoN. A significant focus of this work will be in support of Nepal’s provincial and municipal policy and planning processes.
The candidate will also be responsible for writing and delivering progress reports and working with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to monitor results, ensuring progress on ongoing projects is appropriately captured and reported on regularly.
- Manages a portfolio of projects, ensuring project processes are rigorously applied (including the scoping, design, planning, implementation, learning and M&E).
- Manages EPI's junior Project Coordinators and coordinates with other team members to deliver results.
- Manages work and teams at the provincial and municipal level.
Technical Guidance and Quality assurance
- Provides technical guidance, oversight and quality assurance on the areas of investment reform, institutional strengthening, decentralisation, public financial management and local economic development for programme activities, outputs and deliverables.
- Provides technical leadership and guidance for the design, adaptation and implementation of new and ongoing projects, building relationships with new and existing programme partners (including government and the private sector).
Results Monitoring and Programme Reporting
- Manages the development and delivery of progress reports to DFID.
- Reviews and updates the result framework and indicators in discussions and working with various stakeholders.
- Masters' in Development, Economics, or relevant field
- Strong technical skills in economic development, decentralisation, public financial management and local governance
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Long-standing experience of working in or with government and donors, engaging stakeholders and garnering private sector support
- Experience of working with sub-national government and the private sector would be an advantage
- Experience of developing and managing projects and teams to achieve results
- Strong and clear written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel throughout Nepal
Position Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply on line by 13th May, 2019. The application should include a CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are a suitable candidate for the job.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be communicated for further selection process.
Palladium is an equal opportunities employer.
Note: The contracting agency for the position will be Palladium.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|11 Apr, 19|
|13 May, 19|