Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity, Nepal
Consultancy Title: Data Collection Team Lead Consultant (1)
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture, and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and medical research.
In support of the CAMRIS-implemented, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity, we seek a Data Collection Team Lead for the endline study for the performance evaluation of the Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP). The evaluation team will conduct a longitudinal study using qualitative data collection and analysis of institutional and human resources capacity and will track key indicators monitored by EGRP itself (e.g., counterpart financing, number of coaches/mentors trained per school, etc.).
- Contribute to finalization of the selection process for village development committees (VDCs) and specific school communities in the target districts.
- Lead a field research teams in conducting interviews and focus groups with stakeholders in Kathmandu, at the district level and at the local level in target districts, VDCs, and school communities.
- Ensure adherence to protocols, identify and solve problems, and communicate regularly with the team leader and data manager.
- Use qualitative data analysis software to code interview transcripts.
- Map qualitative data findings in collaboration with team leader and evaluation team.
- Provide expert input in the finalization of the evaluation design, workplan, and tools.
- Present findings to the Nepal Mission, as relevant.
- Contribute, in writing, to the draft and final evaluation reports.
- A master's degree in education, evaluation, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting evaluations of education projects. Experience with Early Grade Reading Program Evaluation is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of the primary education system in Nepal.
- Established and good relationships with the central- and district-level education related stakeholders.
- Is adept in leading and managing the team during data collection.
- Strong skills in evaluation, data analysis, and reporting.
- Prior experience with USAID is highly preferred.
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by March 06, 2019 through following link
|Consulting & Professional Services|
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|06 Feb, 19|
|06 Mar, 19|