Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Terms of Reference (ToR) For Consultancy Service
To develop Mentoring Guideline for the Project
“Sisters for Sisters’ Education in Nepal Phase II (SfSE-II)”
The sisters for sisters’ Education in Nepal project operating in the districts of Dhading, Lamjung, Surkhet and Parsa since 2013 Led by VSO Nepal with two Implementing Partners Aasaman Nepal (ASN) and Global Action Nepal (GAN). The project envisions that marginalized adolescent girls from four districts in rural Nepal will transition from basic to secondary education, and secondary to upper secondary, empowered to leave school to either secure a sustainable livelihood or continue with education. They will be equipped with skills, bolstered by strong learning outcomes that improve employability, enhance confidence and self-esteem to act as leaders, and enable them to influence and control their own Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (ASRHR).This ToR is in relation to the Project Sisters for Sisters’ Education in Nepal Phase II (SfSE-II) to develop a Mentoring Guideline.
The Mentoring Manual will be used:
- To provide background understanding regarding the meaning, purpose, features, benefits and practical applications of mentoring in aspects of career counselling, life skills, child protection, Gender Based Violence (GBV),online safety as safe digital engagement and Child Protection in Emergency (CPiE) and Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH)
- To provide guidance on different types of mentoring, mentoring strategy and process, and how to establish a formal mentoring process,
Duties and Responsibilities
- The consultant shall review the pre-existing Mentoring Training Manual and develop comprehensive mentoring guideline with additional thematic sessions on Life Skills, Child Protection,GBV, online safety as safe digital engagement, CPiEand ASRH issues. During the development of the sessions, the consultant shall revise the documents with the thematic coordinators from VSO and PMs from Aasaman Nepal and Global Action Nepal (GAN).
- The consultant shall visit at least two working districts of each Implementing Partner NGO to better understand the project’s current mentoring practice and context.
- The consultant will work under the overall supervision of the VSONChild Protection Coordinator and ASRH Coordinator along with direct coordination of the Implementing Partners (IPs); Global Action Nepal (GAN) and Aasaman Nepal (ASN).
Scope of Work
The consultancy work will be conducted with Lead Partner of this project Voluntary Service Overseas Nepal (VSON) and local Implementing Partners (IPs) Global Action Nepal (GAN) and Aasaman Nepal (ASN). The target groups are extremely marginalized girls, parents, “big sisters” and school staff prioritizingon sustainability approach.
- Study and assess the GEC-T Handbook and Guidance Documents and pre-existing MentoringTraining Manual with the view to incorporate these documents into a compiled training module and materials;
- Review interactive training sessions and material aimed at enhancing capacity of service providers (Senior Big Sisters, Big Sisters, Adult Champions and Community Mobilisers) to respond efficiently and effectively in field level;
- Advise VSON and IPs with regards to awareness raising material and mentoring scheme to be used locally for that purpose.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree, preferably advanced level, in psychology, humanities or relevant social sciences
- At least 5 years relevant and professional experience including extensive knowledge of and experience in mentoring training with regard to child protection and safeguarding,gender based violence, life skills, self-esteem and reproductive health, career counselling.
- Knowledge of the socio-economical and geo-political aspects in mentorship scheme
- Proven quantitative and qualitative research and drafting skills;
- Proven and extensive experience in the development of training curricula and materials;
- Proven ability and experience in leading and facilitating training workshops on multidisciplinary and multicultural teams;
- Multidisciplinary skills and the ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- A high standard of professionalism;
- Fluency in Nepali and English (written and spoken) with excellent drafting and communication skills.
Deliverables and Schedule
A detailed and comprehensive Mentoring Guideline with practical applications of mentoring in aspects of life skills, child protection, Gender based violence, ASRHR, career counseling, vocational education and income generation and learning support components.
Detailed work plan:
The work schedule will be developed alongside the VSO, GAN and ASN Team. The final draft for the Mentoring Guideline should be submitted within 30 days after signing of the agreement. The consultant shall review and take comments from the lead and implementing partners before submission of the final guideline.
Reporting and Contracting Arrangements
The consultant will be required to submit Progress reports to Child Protection Coordinator (VSO Nepal) and Project Manager (Aasaman Nepal and Global Action Nepal) during the contracted period summarizing activities /tasks completed to date (percent achieved), time spent etc.
All information related to this guideline will remain the property of SfSE II project (VSO Nepal, Aasaman Nepal and Global Action Nepal). Except for purposes of this assignment, the information will not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever without written permission fromVSO, Aasaman and GAN.
Consultancy firms are required to submit the following:
- Letter of interest
- Technical proposal which includes objectives and method with detailed timeline.
- Personal CVs of professional personnel proposed for this project
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses.
- The technical and financial proposals must be submitted in separate sealed envelopes.
- Copy of company registration certificate (not required for independent persons/freelancers)
- Copy of PAN/VAT registration certificate
- Sample of previous production
Note: During the course of contract, if found any child labor and/or child is being exploited, abused, sexually harassed the contract can be terminated immediately, any loss occurs by the process the organization will not be held responsible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply through email at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm on 24th September, 2018.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Sep, 18|
|24 Sep, 18|