Pinksalt Restaurant focuses on a smart menu with a touch of Asian and European cuisine influence. We aim to connect our Bhaisipati neighbourhood to a fine dining experience and make quality food accessible at an affordable price. We are located in the rapidly, expanding area - few kilometres from the buzzing Lalitpur city. Ours is a perfect place to stop by for a quick bite to eat, for a drink or for a corporate business meeting gatherings.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
We are conducting a search for an outstanding and talented Head Chef for our beautiful property Pink Salt P. LTD. in the heart of Bhaisepati - Sainbu Awas.
Pink Salt Restaurant focuses on a smart menu with a touch of Asian and European cuisine influence. We aim to connect our Bhaisepati neighbourhood to a fine dining experience and make quality food accessible at an affordable price. We are located in the rapidly, expanding area - few kilometers from the buzzing Lalitpur city. Ours is a perfect place to stop by for a quick bite to eat, for a drink or for a corporate business meeting gatherings. We are open from 12 P.M to 10. PM everyday (Monday's Closed).
Position: Head Chef
As a head chef you will be responsible for everything that goes on in the kitchen. Not only will you be required to oversee all dishes from start to finish, you are also tasked with leading and delegating our kitchen staff, meeting health and safety standards including creating and presenting new recipes for the restaurant. If you love to cook, enjoy being creative and relish the challenges that come with responsibility, ours is a perfect place to work.
- We offer attractive salary that commensurate with work experience
- We provide opportunities for career advancement within company and outside training
- We advocate a safe working environment for all our employees
Once you become our restaurant's head chef your duties will include:
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Constructing menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and consistent quality of the servings
- Approving and “polishing” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Overall responsibility for the kitchen’s daily operations. He/she will oversee costings, ordering and financials for outstanding restaurant operation
- Liaising with the relevant suppliers for food orders
- Maintaining/raising the food’s profit margins
- Monitoring and controlling stock levels
- Ensuring correct stock rotation procedures are followed
- Estimating menu costs and ensuring all purchases come within budget
- Implementation of health and safety procedures in the kitchen
- Arrange for kitchen repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or defects
ï‚· Be fully in charge of managing and training kitchen staff
ï‚· Oversee the work of subordinates
ï‚· Estimate staff’s workload and share responsibilities
ï‚· Maintain records of attendance and timely create a work roster
ï‚· Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
ï‚· Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between coworkers
- Proven experience as a head chef with outstanding cooking skills
- Exceptional leadership, communication and management skills of kitchen management and the ability to delegate tasks
- Real creativity when it comes to food
- An ability to create menus that are innovative and profitable
- A deep understanding of ingredients and produce
- The capacity to work under extreme pressure
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring staff progress
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
Please send your full resume with photograph to: email@example.com in MS Word format as an attachment. Only those candidates that fulfill the requirements of the vacancy announced will be contacted for an interview.
Email to Ms. Laxmi Muktan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pink Salt P. LTD
Sainbu Awas, Bhaisepati - Lalitpur