Graphic Designer (Consultant)
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world through technical assistance to electoral stakeholders. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking for a Graphic Designer, a fulltime consultant position, to support and design visual materials in different formats based on content provided by the IFES Nepal. The position will be of six months initially, with the possibility of extension.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with the IFES Nepal team to support and strengthen the Election Commission of Nepal’s social media presence and work also with civil society partners to develop awareness and engagement materials to communicate with citizens and spread awareness of the electoral process. All materials must be reviewed and approved by the Country Director or Deputy Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan design/illustrations concept based on information and materials provided by IFES Nepal;
- Illustrate concepts by designing a rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts in coordination with IFES Nepal;
- Create images/designs that identify a product or convey the message(s) specified by IFES Nepal;
- Produce drafts for review by IFES Nepal and make revisions based on the feedback received;
- Design concepts and format materials in various media formats, including but not limited to social media and website content, infographics, reports, logos, signs, and information, education, communication (IEC) materials such as brochures, pamphlets and posters; and
- Coordinate production and timeline of print jobs with IFES Nepal team members to meet overall deadlines.
Skills and Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, marketing or related discipline;
· At least 3 years of comparable experience working in graphic design; experience working on international development projects preferred;
· Demonstrated creative graphic design skills with a strong portfolio;
· Technical knowledge of visual composition, color theory and attention to detail;
· Understanding of the latest design and communication trends;
· Excellent IT skills and highly proficient in industry leading software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Canva, etc.
· Strong grammar and editing skills in both English and Nepali; and
· Excellent organizational, communication and coordination skills;
· Positive attitude with the ability to work within a team and actively problem-solve/troubleshoot;
· A high level of self-motivation and ability to work autonomously and creatively within a fast-paced environment; and
Ability to take initiative and work within tight deadlines.The position is open to Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send their application and an updated CV with name of two references and two sample of previous portfolios to: email@example.com. The application submission deadline is 4:00 PM, February 23, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
for interviews. Undue influence at any stage of the processes will lead to
automatic disqualification. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are
highly encouraged to apply.