Working for Access and Creation, Nepal (WAC- Nepal) a non-government organization, has been working in the field of Livelihood, WASH and Sanitation, quality education, Disaster Risk Management/Climate change Adaptation, Good governance and Right Protection and Institutional Capacity development.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Date: 22 September 2022
Working for Access and Creation Nepal (WAC-Nepal) is a nonprofit, non-governmental and nonpolitical humanitarian development organization has been implementing “Building Hope Along Karnali River Basin (BHAKARI) Program in partnership with Mercy Corps Nepal. The project is implementing in Panchadewal Binayak Municipality, Kamalbazar Municipality and Turmakh and Rural Municipality of Achham District. WAC-Nepal is seeking qualified, dynamic and motivated Nepali citizens for the Gender Equility and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer for the smooth implementation of BHAKARI program.
Position: GESI Officer - 1 Person (Based in Kamalbazaar, Achham)
Minimum Qualification and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in social science or development studies. At least 3 years of experience working with I/NGO in the field of GESI mainstreaming into development programming.
- GESI Officer is responsible to ensure and promote a GESI approach to mainstream and integrate gender and social inclusion aspects into all program interventions.
- Be an active member of the project team to achieve the objectives of the project, work as GESI focal person in overall planning, lead the implementation and reporting of GESI related works.
- Ensure GESI strategies are implanted in the organization and at project level.
- Lobby and facilitate the process in group formation, service delivery and other program to ensure women and DAG participation as well as in the decision making positions.
- Coordinate to mobilize right holder’s organizations and like-minded organizations to lobby and influence to increase voices of women, DAG and poor.
- Functionalize and standardize the GESI database software to be incorporated in all projects.
Interested candidate who meet aforementioned criteria can send a cover letter and updated CV on email address firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 28 September 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Please submit your application letter clearly mentioning the position applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries will be registered and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.
WAC- Nepal is an employer who provides equal opportunity and strictly follows the merit-based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are responsible to keep children and adult safe from any sort of abuses and exploitation so our selection process, includes rigorous background checks, reflects candidate's commitment to the protection of children and adult from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our safeguarding policy.
For this process all right reserve to WAC-Nepal.
Staff Selection Committee