APEIRON is a women led Nepali NGO working for a gender equal society through four main areas of interventions; Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response, Awareness and Education, Income Generation and Institutional Collaboration. It started out as an international NGO with the headquarters in Italy on 2004 and evolved into a national NGO in 2013. APEIRON fights against prejudice, violence, and inequalities so that women develop skills necessary to support themselves and their families. APEIRON helps women confront uphill battles: gender based violence, restricted access to and control over resources, low literacy, struggles to obtain citizenship documents, and other social and economic challenges. Thus,as a part of fulfillment for the requirement of Human Resource for one of APEIRONâ€™s project related to shelter supports for the GBV, APEIRON invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates, who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity, for the following job positions:
Detailed Job description / requirements:
APEIRON is a women led Nepali NGO working for a gender equal society through four main areas of interventions; Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response, Awareness and Education, Income Generation and Institutional Collaboration.
APEIRON fights against prejudice, violence, and inequalities so that women develop skills necessary to support themselves and their families. APEIRON helps women confront uphill battles: gender based violence, restricted access to and control over resources, low literacy, struggles to obtain citizenship documents, and other social and economic challenges.
The main purpose of this position if to support the work of APEIRON by strengthening the organizational financial health.APEIRON works with multiple donors and is accountable to Nepal Government and the beneficiaries. Under the guidance of the Apeiron’s Executive Director, the Finance Manager will plan, organize, control and monitor financial performances of the organization and its projects.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
ACTIVELY SUPPORTING THE ORGANISATION'S VALUES AND CULTURE
- Understanding how Apeiron works in practice.
- Taking practical steps to maintain their commitment to Apeiron’s values.
- Encouraging senior managers and board members to recognize and consider their financial management responsibilities.
- Helping create a culture that balances centralised control with decentralised decision-making.
- Assist in developing project budgets
- Develop annual programme and organizational budgets, overseeing and supervising budget plans of projects with the executive director
- Serve as primary contact for multiple project staff; provide financial analysis, management support and guidance.
- With other team members, ensure that services are delivered efficiently, effectively and in a courteous and timely way.
- Communicate regularly with project leaders and provide a high level of collaboration around short and long term financial management and sustainability.
SETTING UP AND RUNNING FINANCE SYSTEMS
- Support budget creation, budget projections and analysis of expenses as needed.
- Review salaries being charged to projects and adjust to ensure correct allocation.
- Prepare, review and distribute monthly reports, funder reports and others. Document and address issues requiring attention and/or further discussion.
- Analyze and monitor projects’ fund and cash balances and keep project and project team informed of status, issues.
- Work with staff accountants to ensure timely and accurate processing of payables, deposits and billings.
- Manage all forex payments, requests and transfers
- Deliver funding reports
- Develop all financial risk and develop early warning systems
- Supervise all procurement, ensuring alignment with policies and donor contracts
- Monitor project expenditure and implement corrective action where such expenditure exceeds or is not consistent with agreed budgets and donor requirements
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and petty cash/cash fund reconciliation.
- Ensure all documents are electronically and physically filed and available for internal and external audits
- Correct and rectify any recommendations made by auditors
HELPING STAKEHOLDERS UNDERSTAND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ISSUES
- Establish, implement, educate staff and project team about and manage effective financial systems and controls to ensure sound management of funds
- Ensure that project leaders are provided with the tools they need to manage their budgets
- Manage and supervise the work of the Finance officer ensuring that all financial administrative tasks are completed accurately and timeously
SUPPORTING RELATIONSHIPS WITH PARTNER ORGANISATIONS
- Maintain sound relations with our banking partner/s and deal with all queries related to banking
- Assessing partners' financial management capacity.
- Monitoring how partners use funds.
- Supporting partner organisations to develop their capacity.
- Handling formal agreements with partner organisations.
SUPPORTING AUDITS AND MEETING LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- Planning and supporting internal and external audits.
- Presenting auditors' reports and management letters to senior managers and board members.
- Understanding the NGO's legal requirements and helping senior managers and board members understand them.
- Meeting legal requirements, including submitting reports to government agencies as required.
- A Masters of Accounting degree or similar field
- Five years’ experience of financial management in the NGO sector
- Proven track record of managing multiple donor accounts successfully
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel in particular, internet, e-mail and other tools of electronic communication and research
- Proficiency in GAP , IFRS and NFRS
- Demonstrated competence in interacting and negotiating at a senior level
- Ability to maintain the highest level of honesty and professionalism when dealing with staff, funders, project participants, and partner organizations.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send their completed CV and cover letter by 24th September 2019 to the email address mentioned below.