First Date of Vacancy Publication: 14 September 2021
Welfare Association for Children Tikapur (WACT) (बाल कल्याण संघ,टीकापुर) is a non-government organization working in the areas of child well-being, education, peace and transformational development since 1996. WACT works in Kailali district of far western province.
WACT is seeking to recruit competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidate for the following positions.
The finance coordinator will oversee all financial and administrative operations of assigned projects and organization. The position will lead, supervise, and manage the finance and administration unit of the assigned projects and organization. The Finance Coordinator will ensure that allfinancial operations, administrative procedures and processes are adhered to the required financial compliance of WACT, funding partners and government.
Overall Job Purpose:
Carry-out all financial transactions, documentation, recording and reporting in accordance with standard financial procedures, systems and operating guidelines; implement appropriate administrative procedures and controls; and ensure policy compliance in all financial operations to assigned projects and organization.
|Major Responsibilities||Required Qualification, Experience& Competencies|
- Maintain accounting records and proper books of accounts of all the transactions of the assigned projects and organization using Money works accounting software
- Supervise banking transactions and petty cash management of the assigned projects and organization
- Oversee all procurement processes of the assigned projects and organization
- Prepare periodic financial reports of the assigned projects and organization
- Managing and Ensuring Compliance to Taxation Rules and Regulations
- Maintain records of Assets of the organization
- General office administration and logistics management
- Support to carry-out periodic financial monitoring, internal and external audit of the assigned projects and organization
- Oversee and manage administrative process and procedures and ensure administrative compliance
- Support in finance-related policy formation
- Support to prepare project and organization budgets
- Liaise with banks that manage assigned project and organization's bank accounts; social security fund office; and government agencies such as Tax Office, Administration office, concerning bank statements, social security deposits, tax deposits, tax clearance, audit, etc.
- Orient non-financial employee on financial requirement of the project/program and organization
- Manage and supervisor Admin and Accounts Assistant
- Minimum Bachelor Degree of Commerce, Business Studies or Equivalent with Major in Finance/Accounting
- Master Degree in Finance/Accounting or Equivalent, preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning and analysis in I/NGO
- Experience of working in a computerized accounting environment like Money works, Tally, IPAS, FAMAS
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Good knowledge and work experience of managing taxation policies of Nepal government
- Good knowledge and skills to prepare financial reports
- Good knowledge of procurement processes
- Good knowledge of budgeting, cash flow management and financial forecasting
- Proficiency in and Demonstrated experience in the use of MS office Package (Excel/Word/PowerPoint etc.) & Internet
The MEAL Officer will oversee all monitoring, evaluation, learning and accounting mechanisms of assigned projects.
Overall Job Purpose:
Develop M&E Plans;collect, compile, analyze, document, update information; and share M&E data of assigned projects. Provide necessary support for periodic baseline, evaluation and monitoring processes of assigned projects. Improve project effectiveness, learning, sharing, feedback and accountability mechanisms of assigned projects and organization through strengthening monitoring and accountability systems of WACT.
|Major Responsibilities||Required Qualification, Experience & Competencies|
- Support to update beneficiaries' information of assigned projects regularly
- Regularly monitor activities/events of assigned projects, and produce monitoring reports
- Share project progress, learning and updates of assigned projects with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collect and collate secondary data from various sources for assigned projects for the purpose of assessments, baseline survey and evaluations
- Compile and manage database different project-related data collected by field staff such as beneficiary data, baseline/min-term/end line surveys
- Prepare monthly beneficiary data and case studies for assigned projects
- Assist program officer/s and manager to prepare project reports, updates
- Documentation for assigned projects
- Assist to organize training programs, workshop, events of assigned projects
- Coordinate with stakeholders of assigned projects, including government officials/agencies and community leaders/members of working areas
- Establish and operate community feedback mechanism
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or development studies.
- At least 2 years of experience working with I/NGO. Priority is given to the candidate having experience in MEAL
- Knowledge of Data collection methodologies – qualitative and quantitative data
- Proficiency is using Excel, Word, Power Point and relevant computer/mobile programs; compile, analyse and presentation of data
- Effective written and oral communications skills including presentation and reporting skills
- Knowledge of and ability to develop tools to collect the information against project indicator
- Good Documentation and Report writing skills, including case/change/success stories
- Knowledge of indicators, M&E plan, project cycle, theory of change, etc.
- Skill and experience in data collection through web-based applications is an added advantage
Qualified interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) Application letter; (2) Updated CV along with at least two references; and (3) Copy of citizenship through email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 September 2021 (COB 5 PM Nepal time).
The selection process will involve two key processes- first screening followed by shortlisting. The first screening will involve selecting candidates fulfilling minimum criteria (education and experience). These candidates will be notified of their selection for the next process via email notification. The candidates will need to fill up the application form sent along with the selection notification for the next process. Based on duly submitted application form, the candidates will be shortlisted for the next process. The shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process through telephone and or email. The selection process will be carried out virtually and/or in-person attendance and will include written test, presentations and interview.
WACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified potential candidates fromDalit, Janajati, and Muslim community, working areas of WACT, Persons with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
WACT reserves all rights to accept/reject/qualify/disqualify applications during the screening and selection process