Disability Inclusion Consultant
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) promotes democratic stability by providing technical assistance and applying field-based research to the electoral cycle worldwide to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil societies, governance and transparency. Every IFES project is staffed by national and international staff while partnering with local organizations. This homegrown approach ensures that the expertise offered by IFES fits the needs of the country or client and the benefit of assistance outlasts the life of the project. Our work is nonpartisan and also includes projects that: Help citizens participate in their democracies Increase politicians' accountability to the electorate Strengthen government institutions Since its founding in 1987, IFES has worked in more than 100 countries - from developing democracies such as Liberia, to mature democracies such as the United States.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international NGO that supports the building of democratic societies around the world. Since 2006, IFES Nepal has worked with the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and local civil society partners to enhance citizen participation and strengthen civil society, governance and transparency.
IFES Nepal is seeking a Disability Inclusion Consultant to support the Election Commission of Nepal (ECN) and IFES Nepal to draft disability inclusion guidelines. This consultant position is under the supervision of the Country Director and will be based in Kathmandu.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the ECN and IFES Nepal field team to outline and review the key sections of the guidelines;
- Conduct desk research on disability inclusion best practices;
- Coordinate with IFES headquarters inclusion staff to ensure guidelines adhere to international best practices;
- Produce draft disability inclusion guidelines; and
- Revise, update and finalize draft guidelines based on feedback from IFES and the ECN.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, political science, international relations or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience supporting international development or civic engagement programming, experience supporting democracy and disability inclusion programming preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of engaging with traditionally marginalized communities, especially persons with disabilities;
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Internet) are required;
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and verbal; and
- Ability to work independently in support of a team.
This position is open to Nepali nationals only. Qualified and interested candidates are requested to send an application and updated CV with two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the position title in the subject line. The application submission deadline is at 5:00 PM on Sunday, September 26, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection processes. Women, people with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.