S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal)
Terms of Reference for Data Manager
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since its registration with the Government of Nepal in 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to organizations, institutions, governments and private sector clients by helping them to overcome challenges through planning, research, management support, capacity building and policy promotion. Please visit for more details on our team, location and our services.
We are hiring a young and dynamic Data Manager to work within our Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit. This is a long term institutional position based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj ().The overall purpose of the Data Manager is to manage, analyze and evaluatedata and information.
Detailed job description and requirements
- Determine data and information needs of projects managed by the firms.
- Ensure quality data collection, oversee data cleaning and data entry process
- Be the focal person for quantitative and qualitative data handling
- Organize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and use data visualization software to prepare standard and custom reports.
- Apply sampling techniques for survey
- Manage database and metadata
- Train, orient and supervise project team on data collection, data entry and analysis tools
- Evaluate and implement new data management tools
Minimum required qualifications and experience:
Education: Master's degree in Economics, Statistics or any relevant field.
Professional experience: Around 5 years working experience in data management with experience in baseline, midline and endline surveys.
- Proficient in using statistical software such as, SPSS, MS Excel, Stata or R.
- Experience in data collection applications such as KoBo, ODK and related applications
- Strong interpersonal, critical thinking and statistical analysis skills.
Contract type: Full-time,Long Term Employment Contract
Report to: Project Managers and MEL Coordinator
Unit: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Unit
Location: Central Office in Mahrajgunj, Kathmandu
Expected start date: As soon as possible (expected to join by 1st week of August)
Salary: Negotiable based on experience and company policy
How to apply
If you are interested, please email your CV before 26th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidate will be informed and called for further consultations.