Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private company which specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management for public, private and non-profit organizations in the social development sector. The organization works in various sectors including gender, education, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, and more.
We are looking for a short term data coordinator that will assign and coordinate work to respective enumerators and researchers via Google docs and phone calls.
Data Coordinator - Female candidates encouraged to apply and will be given preference
Oct to Nov 2021 (1 month) for a UN Women project
Working Hours: 10AM – 5 PM (Sunday to Friday)
- Review incoming quantitative data of the project
- Assign respondent to respective enumerators; ensure equal distribution of respondents are made among team members
- Coordinate with office support in regards to appointment set for a particular day
- Debrief via zoom with all team members involved as appropriate
- Communicate discrepancies and other update as appropriate to management and team members
- Meet deadline/timeline of all work; ensure other team members do same
- Coordinate with counselor for follow up with respondents
- Email update at the end of each day and a detailed report at the end of each week
- Write a short report on the challenges and process of work, to be submitted prior to end of contract
- Other as assigned
- Excellent Nepali and English communication skills
- Must have an excellent data management and coordination skills
- Master’s Degree in Data Management, Management, Economics, Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology or similar with 4+ working experience in reputable organization is preferred. (People with less or no experience will NOT be considered)
- Understanding of quantitative data and data collection application is preferred
- Able to manage and coordinate a team of 12-15 enumerators online
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis packages – SPSS, STATA or other similar is added advantage
- Excellent computing skills in excel, word, Google docs, Zoom, etc.
- Able to work efficiently within the stipulated deadline in a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal to no supervision
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to by Oct 21, 2021, with the subject title of the email as “Data Coordinator”.
We are looking to fill the position and close the vacancy as soon as we find the right candidate. Early applicants are encouraged. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.