The Los Angeles-based AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global nonprofit organization providing cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 709412 people in 38 countries. We are currently the largest provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the U.S. AHF funds its mission to rid the world of AIDS through a network of pharmacies, thrift stores, healthcare contracts and other strategic partnerships. Generating new, innovative ways of treatment, prevention and advocacy has been the hallmark of our success. We are currently leading a mass testing initiative to identify and treat the 25 million people who are unaware they are infected. By advocating big goalsâ€“such as having 1 billion people tested each yearâ€“AHF hopes to eliminate older, more time-consuming methods. Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement new programs in communities across the U.S. and abroad, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over policy with the aim of saving more lives.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First date of publication: June 5, 2019)
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international NGO, working in Nepal since 2008 in the field of HIV/AIDS treatment and care. AHF is looking for dynamic and energetic Nepali citizens to fulfill the following positions:
Counselor – 1 Position for Butwal
Counselor is responsible for comprehensive care and counseling to clients in the collaborative ART clinic at Nepal Government’s Hospital. S/he should collaborate with other health care professionals, PLHIV network and groups; provide psychosocial counseling; maintain record of patients care; conduct training to PLHIV and their family; and conduct assigned meetings at ART clinic.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Intermediate (Proficiency Certificate) in General Medicine (Health Assistant) or Nursing (Staff Nurse) from recognized institution and registered in concerned professional council
- One years of experience in Health Sector. Experience in program related to HIV prevention, testing, treatment and care services
- Provide ongoing counseling to clients attending the clinic, ability to record data and prepare reports
- Ability to interact with technical experts and experience of working with Government Systems and Structures and support to facilitate continued medical education and technical working group meetings in the assigned clinic / location
- Collaborate with other health care professionals (medical officer, nurse, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, and psychologist) to adhere treatment protocol adopted by Nepal Government
- Computer literate with theworkable knowledge on MS Office package and E-mail
- Able to work to meet deadlines and cope with a large number of tasks at one time
Qualified Nepali citizen from the same province (local candidates) are encouraged to apply with updated CV and contact information to E-mail address email@example.com. Please write the position title in the subject line of the separate application. Deadline to apply for the positions is June 20, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification. AHF reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without assigning any reason whatsoever. These positions are subject to availability of the fund and approval.
AHF is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society. Applicants from disadvantage caste, under-represented ethnic groups and women representing key populations (KPs) of the HIV Prevention to Care Program are especially encouraged to apply.
|Category||Medical / Nursing|
|Position Level||Full Time|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||05 Jun, 2019|
|Apply Before||20 Jun, 2019|