Consultant General Practitioner (GP)
Possible, a US-based non-profit, and Nyaya Health Nepal, a Nepal-based NGO, have partnered over the last decade to provide quality, accessible care to underserved communities in Nepal. Currently, we work in two districts in Nepal: Achham in the Far-West and Dolakha, which was devastated by the 2015 earthquakes. Our more than 350 staff provide integrated care from home to hospital to over 200,000 community members, provide over 150,000 hospital visits, and conduct over 8,000 surgical procedures annually.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nyaya Health Nepal (NHN) is seeking Consultant General Practitioner (GP) or Family Physician to provide direct clinical and surgical care to the patients, train and educate non-physicians staff in best practices, ensure that all the medical staffs follow organizational cultural practices.
Number of Requirement: One
Location: Achham (Bayalpata Hospital)
Deadline: Rolling basis
THE ORGANIZATION: Nyaya Health Nepal (NHN), a Nepal-based NGO, improves healthcare for underserved communities in Nepal, in partnership with the Ministry of Health.
Our over 370 staff serves a catchment area of over 200,000 people per year. Our integrated healthcare approach involves two teaching hospitals, a professionalized community health worker network, and strategic use of data and technology to connect patient records from hospital to home.
With Possible, our US-based nonprofit partner, we translate research and evidence into scalable solutions that advance universal health coverage and sustainable development goals.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, patient centered direct clinical and surgical care as GP
- Train and educate Staff Physicians and Mid-Level Providers in evidence based, up-to-date, best practices, advanced care techniques and quality improvement of clinical care.
- Ensure self, staff and peer adhere to organizational management practices.
Must Have Qualities:
Ability to perform basic emergency and elective surgeries of Ob Gyn/ orthopedics/ general surgery including but not limited to- Cesarean sections (CS), emergency appendectomy, Hernia Repair Hydrocele and other competently
- Competency in the use of basic general and obstetric ultrasonography.
- Excellent Communication and Team Collaboration Skills,
- Excellent Facilitation skills for Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Interested and passionate on mentoring and capacity building of mid-level providers (Health Assistants, Community Medical Assistants, Nurses and allied medical workers)
- Respect Patients and All staff in the organization.
- Willing to work in resource restricted and remote settings with limited tools at your disposal.
Please visit: https://possible.bamboohr.com/jobs/ for detail information, and to apply for the position.