Communication & Documentation Officer
National Federation of Women Living with HIV and AIDS (NFWLHA), formerly known as the Women’s Network against HIV & AIDS (WONAHA), was initially established as a loose network in 2006 and was officially registered in 2007 with a vision to create a just and equitable society for women and children infected and affected with HIV, so that they can live productive, empowered and dignified life, free from stigma and discrimination. Underpinned with guiding principles of gender equity and human rights, evidence-based planning, programming and policy-advocacy, NFWLHA has broadened its strategic intervention areas over the last nine years, focusing mainly on strengthening and capacity development of network, knowledge management for evidence-based policy advocacy and community system strengthening. Currently, there are 35 community-based organizations (CBOs) affiliated to NFWLHA representing Nepal’s seven provinces, all led by women living with HIV (WLHIV).
Details / requirements:
Position: Communication & Documentation Officer
Duty Station: NFWLHA Central Office, Kathmandu
Reports/responsible to: Program Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: Program Associates
Purpose of Position
- Communicate with Community Based Organizations of NFWLHA and Program Implementing Partner organizations for reports and program related documents.
- Support the Program Coordinator to fulfill NFWLHA’s vision, mission, goals and objectives (VMGO).
- Manage the assigned projects and related staffs of NFWLHA: designing, developing, planning, implementing, communicating, reporting, monitoring and evaluating programs and staffs, in consultation with Program Coordinator.
- Assist Program Coordinator to identify and develop new programs, write proposals and raise funds for NFWLHA.
- Link up and coordinate with program coordinator, finance officer and related Member Organizations to implement assigned project activities and provide technical support.
- Identify and link up different local, regional, national and international stakeholders to Program Coordinator for resource mobilization to sustain the organization.
- Provides technical support to associate officers and related Member Organizations in preparing plans and prepare their long term (annual) and short term (quarterly and monthly) plans.
- Identifies advocacy issues, allies and partnership possibilities that contribute to achieve NFWLHA's goals and objectives, in consultation with Program Coordinator.
- Supports the Program Coordinator to prepare and plan to deal with potential external risks, which pose threat to accomplish the goals and vision of NFWLHA.
- Coordinates and mobilizes Member Organizations for planned as well as ad-hoc regional and district level advocacy, research and monitoring activities.
- Visits and supports member organizations to facilitate smooth implementation of planned and unplanned activities, monitor on-going activities as well as provide technical backstopping.
- Liaises, coordinates, builds and nurtures relationships with the senior and junior staffs, Member Organizations and beneficiaries to ensure implementation of advocacy, research, project and monitoring activities.
- Coordinates with government, non-government, donors and development agencies both at their implementation as well as their policy levels and reports to program coordinator.
- Assists program coordinator to prepare project’s monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual basis report and submit to Program Coordinator before they reach the external stakeholders.
- Meeting/Communication Participates in and organize meetings to ensure that information is shared with appropriate staff members, according to the meeting schedule and on ad-hoc basis if needed.
- Organizational Development-Assists Program Coordinator to identify and develop new programs, write proposals and raise funds.
- Bachelor's Degree in social science, development studies or other related fields
- 2+ years of experience and understanding of the NGO sector in Nepal.
- Proven experience of working in the field of HIV with key populations is highly preferred.
- Capable of writing event and project reports
- Experience in facilitating meetings with stakeholders, and more particularly in the communities
- Report writing skills
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), and communicating via E-mail, and Internet browser software
Skills and attitudes required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Commitment to the organization mission and vision and full adherence to GSIF values
- Ability to manage stress and uncertainty
- Proactive and self-empowerment approach to work
- Ability to empathize with team members, partners, and other stakeholders
- Accuracy and attention to details
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to by apply along with cover letter, CV, contact details, expected salary, at email@example.com before 15th February, 2024. Interviews will begin on rolling basis and the best fit candidate will be selected immediately.
NFWLHA recognizes that it has the responsibility to respect and promote gender equality and the safety and protection of all. NFWLHA has a ZERO-tolerance policy regarding abuse. NFWLHA reserves the right of conducting a background check of the potential candidates. All staff and consultants associated with NFWLHA should sign and agree to the statement of commitment and the code of conduct. Failure/Denial to sign the Code of Conduct will result in the candidate not being appointed to the role.