Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Join Verisk’s Cloud Engineering team to help drive our migration to the Cloud. Learn and apply knowledge of Cloud-specific technologies and services. Develop and maintain Cloud Formation Templates leveraged by the enterprise. Work with DevOps teams to help drive the migration of systems from on-premise data centers to the Cloud. Engage with multiple business units to prototype new ideas and new technologies and help create solutions to drive the next wave of innovation. Be part of the team leading the design and implementation of Verisk’s Cloud Strategy.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical consulting, solution architect, or presales engineering role
- 2+ years of experience in designing, implementation, or consulting with distributed applications
- 2+ of experience with building large-scale enterprise architecture solutions, including security concerns, high availability methods, multiple platforms, hardware considerations, network design, monitoring solutions, virtualization, performance, capacity planning, and information management practices
- Knowledge of development methodologies and experience with Python development
- Experience with AWS and basic cloud architecture
- Good understanding of common security best practices, AWS security best practices. Good understanding of implementing AWS security and governance tools like AWS Cloud Trail, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Shield, and AWS Certificate Manager, is a plus
- Good understanding of configuring, monitoring, and scaling infrastructure and the components.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code tools and methodologies, CloudFormation, CDK or Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD and configuration management tools and technologies, including Chef, Ansible, Jenkins etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Amazon Certified Solutions Architect, Associate or higher is a plus