Chief of Party
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360, an international NGO, is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the position of Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID Nepal-funded project entitled Equity and Inclusion in Education. This position will be based in Kathmandu or field office in the project’s target provinces—and is contingent upon award and funder’s approval.
The anticipated five-year USAID Nepal-funded Equity and Inclusion in Education activity which will support the Government of Nepal to improve equitable access to quality basic education services for marginalized communities. The objectives are to reduce the number of out-of-school children and improve learning outcomes for marginalized students. Areas of focus may include decreasing financial barriers to education, increasing use of targeted non-formal education, increasing enrollment in early childhood education, increasing the relevance of education, and improving equitable teaching practices. This activity will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in one or more of the following provinces: Province No. 2, Sudurpaschim, and/or Karnali.
Chief of Party:
The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of the project, including managing the annual work plan and budgeting process; creating/maintaining an effective project management team; overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system; and coordinating activities and sub-grantees to achieve results.
- Liaison with the funder (USAID), key stakeholders, and other implementing partners.
- Provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction for the program, ensuring an integrated vision across components and actors, with a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract.
- Oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management.
- Supervise activity implementation and ensure activities meet stated goals on time with high quality and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all deliverables and targets agreed upon with the funder (USAID) are met with high quality, on budget and on time.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Country Director.
- Master’s degree in education, public administration, international development, or related field from an accredited university; Ph.D. or Ed.D. is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10-12 years of experience in similar education intervention activities, and experience managing complex international donor-funded — particularly USAID — development activities in challenging environments.
- Strong knowledge of, and commitment to, gender, diversity, equity and social inclusion issues in education, particularly in the Nepali context.
- Relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program.
- Demonstrated leadership, effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, teambuilding and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
- S/he will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments, across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Demonstrated commitment to the practice of Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA).
- Proven ability to coordinate with government stakeholders, as well as non-governmental organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting.
- Experience in the education sector in Nepal or the region strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Nepali required; knowledge in local language from Province No. 2, Karnali, and/or Sudurpaschim will add a value
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Deadline for application is extended till November 14, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.