Capacity Strengthening Advisor, USAID/Nepal Localization Support proposal
Detailed Job description / requirements:
EnCompass LLC seeks Capacity Strengthening Advisor candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) localization support activity to be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
The $25-50M Localization Support activity will provide USAID/Nepal with technical assistance to strengthen the Mission’s ability to ensure that local actors are in the lead role for Nepal’s development. The activity will provide support for: capacity strengthening for local actors to apply, receive and manage USAID awards; strengthen the mission’s government to government (G2G) programming; and support USAID to improve localization programming.
The position will be full-time and based in Kathmandu, with travel throughout the country. Nepal citizens are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Employ a strengths-based approach to establishing and maintaining strong and collaborative working relationships with local organizations, Mission staff, and government stakeholders
- Apply a strong systems orientation and approach to inform all capacity strengthening activities
- Support the strategic learning and capacity strengthening efforts in the Mission and provide strategic oversight, technical guidance and advice, review of any technical documents/content
- Provide surge support as necessary to the Mission to advance its localization programming
- Coordinate with USAID staff to ensure that capacity strengthening tools are managed and used/disseminated effectively to support the Mission’s operational needs for localization
- Support the design and implementation of strengths-based capacity strengthening activities, including capacity assessments and knowledge gap analysis
- Identify short- and long-term goals for improving performance in consultation with leadership of selected technical offices and integrating emerging good practices in localization.
- Oversee and advise to the design and delivery of training to local organizations and Mission staff, ensuring alignment with USAID’s Local Capacity Strengthening Policy
- Development and implementation of knowledge management systems and approaches
- Contribute to the overall strategic technical direction of the project including advising on implications of technical approaches taken and resulting learning for achieving sustainability of localization efforts.
- Contribute to cross-consortium learning and employ strong CLA practices throughout the work
- Contribute to establishing a leadership at all levels culture
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience; or Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience in capacity strengthening, organizational development, adult learning, curriculum design and development, communication, action learning and knowledge management, and monitoring, evaluation and learning
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the area of international development, and in managing capacity strengthening and learning activities for USAID and its partners of similar size and scope
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising staff and leading teams; significant experience mentoring and coaching staff and working with international and national consultants, staff and subcontractors
- Demonstrated experience leading capacity strengthening, adaptive management, professional and/or organizational development activities for USAID and its implementing partners using a systems orientation and strengths-based and participatory approaches
- Demonstrated experience developing capacity in grant management, procurement, and USAID compliance for implementing partners
- Strong understanding of the Nepal context regarding, but not limited to, NGOs, CSOs, national and regional federations, the private sector, non-government education institutions, and the Government of Nepal. Ability to develop strong relationships with mentioned stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with USAID’s Local Capacity Strengthening Policy, localization commitments, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting practices
- Understanding of knowledge management as it relates to USAID programs an asset
- Prior experience in Nepal and/or the region required
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills required
- Fluency in written and spoken English is preferred
- Citizens of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page at https://encompassworld.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f3ca5739-253a-5792-00fb-31627e6e80e5/apply?source=2425319-CS-52195
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||M.Sc. (Masters in Science), M. A. (Masters in Art), Bachelor’s degree, Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||24 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||23 Apr, 2023|