Capacity Development Officer (Only Female)
Details / requirements:
(Date of Publication: February 8th, 2023)
Himali Rural Youth Social Development Centre (HIRYSDEC), Mugu is a youth-led not- profit making civil society organization established in 2007 AD (2064 BS) and has been working on WASH, Education, Health, Human rights, and Development sectors with the goal of improving social and economic status of the community people. Presently, HIRYSDEC Mugu has been implementing " Promoting Water Secure and Dignified Menstrual Hygiene Friendly Behavior Karnali and Sudurpaschim province and Water Supply Scheme Development, Management and Institutional Support in Mugu District” project in technical and financial support from USAID Karnali Water Activity, “Support for WASH intervention in Mugu” project in technical and financial support from UNICEF, “Child Protection and Promotion” initiatives in collaboration with Chhayanath Rara Municipality, Mugu.
HIRYSDEC seeks applications from eligible and competent Nepali citizens for the following position.
1. Advertised No: 07-080/081
Designation: Capacity Development Officer (Only Female)
Duty Station: Gamgadhi-Mugu (Frequent Field Visits at Program Palikas)
Number of Position: One (1)
- To support program coordination and oversee capacity-building activities in alignment with the USAID Karnali Water Activity CD plan to enhance the capabilities of LGs and WUSCs.
- To empower and mobilize Sub Engineers and construction supervisors to ensure that WUSCs receive training in the management of the WSS schemes throughout the planning, construction, and post-construction phases.
- To provide training to the WUSCs in effectively managing the operation and maintenance (O&M) of water supply schemes autonomously.
- To assist in creating water safety plans and financial/operational plans for each scheme and through the WUSCs.
- To establish and manage the O&M funds for each scheme.
- To support WUSCs and users in productive water use and economic linkages and assist in water source protection and biodiversity conservation.
- In Coordination with the Technical Coordinator & construction supervisors, the CBO should educate communities on water usage, safety, conservation, tools, and technologies, and address issues of caste and gender bias.
- To disseminate key Karnali Water Activity messages to households, communities, schools, and local governments.
- Other work assigned by the Executive Director/Project Manager and Technical Coordinator.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in WUSC mobilization, water supply scheme construction facilitation, improvement in water service provider financial and operational management, capacity building, and public audits similar to SOW Prior background in capacity building of LGs and WUSCs on water supply scheme management, specifically, planning, construction, and post-construction phases including compliance.
- Ability to independently oversee the capacities of LG and WUSC to implement, operate and
- maintain completed water supply schemes.
- Computer skills and excellent report-writing skills in English and Nepali languages
- Working experience in Karnali province (preferable).
INFORMATION ABOUT EXAM:
Types of Exam: Written and Interview
Service & Facilities: As per the organization's rules and regulations.
Please apply to the following address with a recent CV and along with a cover letter by 14th February 2024 with detailed contact address and numbers either through email or by postal delivery:
Himali Rural Youth Social Development Centre (HIRYSDEC) Mugu
Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.