Capacity Building and Training Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Capacity Building and Training Specialist, USAID Nepal Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, Kathmandu, Nepal
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project. The project anticipates providing a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance; evaluate the performance and results of USAID/Nepal programs; and learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. This contract will result in strengthened Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in April 2020.
The Capacity Building and Training Specialist will lead the project's efforts to enhance and expand leadership of USAID/Nepal staff to facilitate strategic collaboration among staff, development partners, and external stakeholders.
**Please Note: Only Nepalese citizens are eligible to apply.**
- Support the development and implementation of the activities related to training and capacity building in monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Lead the project's efforts to train, coach and establish mentorship arrangements for USAID/Nepal staff and other stakeholders.
- Deliver periodic training and coaching sessions for USAID staff on collaborative leadership approaches.
- Deliver periodic M&E capacity building training for implementing partners as necessary.
- Procure and administer, as appropriate, leadership development training and coaching materials.
- Ensure complementarity between training, coaching and mentorship.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Maintains and expands technical knowledge in instructional design and training delivery by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development studies, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of direct experience in training and/or capacity building in development organizations.
- Three (3) years of experience managing staff in providing services relevant to training and/or leadership coaching.
- Proven ability to maintain professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, suppliers, other international organizations, as well as local and national authorities.
- Demonstrated experience building staff capacity in M&E is required, experience with USAID Mission staff is preferred.
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com