C# / Web API Developer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- Mandatory skills – the person must be STRONG in each discipline and will have to explain in detail
- Minimum 5 years of experience in C# / ASP.NET / MVC technology
- Hands-on programming in JSON and Web API in a production environment.
- Hands-on programming in Web markup languages (HTML/HTML5, XML) and Style sheet language (CSS/CSS3)
- Strong knowledge on .Net Frameworks 4.5+ and .Net Core 2.0+
- Experience in SQL (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Mongo DB, DynamoDB)
- Solid understanding of OO techniques and Design patterns.
- Hands-on in writing test cases using Nunit/MSTest
- Used DevOps and CI/CD in previous work experience. (Git/Bitbucket)
- Developed software in a SCRUM environment using Agile methodologies.
- Solid understanding of async/await and the TPL library.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Involved in the process.
Nice to have
- Multi-threaded programming experience in both procedural and functional paradigms
- Familiarity working with or implementing Elasticsearch
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud-based solutions in AWS
- Passion for programming in general, rather than a specific language
- Ability to learn new, emerging technologies
- You have a solid general understanding of application components, what happens on the front end, what happens on the back end.
- You’re a professional. That means you follow through on commitments, meet deadlines, don’t cut corners, consider other people’s ideas, play nice with the team, learn from your mistakes, document things and communicate honestly and proactively if you anticipate an issue doing any of the above
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities
- Possess strong troubleshooting, code optimization and refactoring skills
To apply, click on the following link