Business Development Officer (BDO)
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting service provider. It has leading expertise in Nepal in Third Party Monitoring, capacity building of Local Governments in infrastructure service delivery, and a deep commitment to inclusive social and governance initiatives at different spheres of governance in Nepal. SWN is a choice of international development partners and the Government of Nepal for delivery of quality outputs in design and management of projects and programmes; green infrastructure development; social protection based programmes; field-based research works on social and governance issues including gender-related areas; and monitoring and evaluation of projects and programmes. It has a strong in-house management capability for undertaking the above assignments. We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
Please read the TOR carefully before applying to ensure that it matches your experience and background. Applications from individuals who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Position: Business Development Officer (BDO)
Remuneration: Attractive package reflecting competencies and experience.
Working Days: 5 days a week (Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.)
Contract: Long-term (following 2 months probation period)
Location: Panipokhari, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (Central Office). See www.swnepal.com.np for location.
Reporting to: Business Development Lead (BDL) and CEO
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a multi-disciplinary research and infrastructure development consulting services provider. We specialize in programme design and delivery of green local infrastructures, MEL activities including baseline surveys, data collection and research in diverse sectors such as DRR, agriculture, climate change, education, governance, and socio-economic development among others. We are deeply engaged in Nepal’s development scenario and have extensive knowledge of local governance systems. We aim to provide the highest value for money for our clients in our mutual endeavor of promoting Nepal’s development.The Business Development Officer (BDO) is ultimately responsible for delivering projects for SWN in the development sector through strategic partnership, proposal development, marketing, networking and efficient internal system development.
Broader Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify project calls of interest to SWN from key multilateral and bilateral development partners and Government of Nepal agencies.
- Lead and anchor the overall proposal development process, and proposal writing, ensuring efficient collaboration between technical teams, external consultants, clients, and all relevant stakeholders to deliver high-quality proposals, concept notes, etc.
- Administer structured market analyses to forecast future project opportunities, identify ongoing opportunities evaluate competitions, and prepare quarterly business reports highlighting business development strategies for the firm
- Build effective professional relationships with clients (Multilateral and Bilateral Development Partners, INGOs, Government Agencies, etc.) from a wide range of expertise and academic backgrounds.
- Responsible for winning competitive projects for the firm.
- Carry out national and international portal-based market research, pre-positioning, and strategic priority setting.
- Lead marketing activities for the company, which could include organizing stakeholder workshops and discussion seminars.
- Update the contents of the company website and social media to reflect the firm's strengths and ongoing projects.
- Connect with key development partners in Nepal to apprise them of the firm's strengths and capabilities.
Education and Professional Experiences
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Development Studies, International Development, Business Administration (MBA) or Management or other related field from an accredited institution
- 5-7 years of professional experience in business development with a focus on proposal development, marketing, and strategic partnerships in development consulting firms and INGOs/ IGOs.
- The individual should have an excellent understanding of the development sector
Core Competencies and Technical Expertise
- Good understanding of the Nepali and international development sector
- Available for an interview, from 2nd October 2023 onwards
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action-orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by emailing your CV indicating your current address in Kathmandu no later than 29th October 2023 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Cover letter NOT required at this stage*
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the SWN office in Maharjgunj/Panipokhari, Kathmandu
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location, and our services.
|Salary||Based on experience|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Education||MS/ME Engineering, Masters in Sustainable Development, Master’s degree in development studies, Master’s degree in Environmental Science|
|Posted Date||29 Sep, 2023|
|Apply Before||29 Oct, 2023|