Assistant Programme Manager for British company in Kathmandu, Nepal
Details / requirements:
Work the World is a British organisation that specialises in arranging short-term clinical placements for healthcare students and qualified healthcare professionals in Africa, Asia and South America. We have forged strong partnerships with a large number of hospitals, clinics and government authorities around the world, and have earned our reputation as the most respected and influential provider of these placements worldwide.
Our students trust us to provide an exceptional learning experience. At the core of this is the opportunity to gain a genuine insight into the day-to-day work of doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals in unfamiliar environments. The experience enables our students to better understand the breadth of their future profession and in many cases helps them to complete the necessary units to complete their university degree. As such, Work the World is best classified as an educational service provider.
Since our inception in 2005 we have consistently been the market leader within this growing sector and continue to be at the forefront of pushing the quality of the delivery of healthcare placements overseas.
To support our programme in Kathmandu, Nepal, we are recruiting an Assistant Programme Manager.
The Assistant Programme Manager is responsible for supporting the Programme Manager in essential programme tasks. Key roles include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Programme Manager with student introductions at the hospital where necessary and establish firm and dependable relationships with all hospital staff that we work with
- Organise student airport pickups, complete full accommodation and local city orientations
- Undertake monitoring of student’s placements to support their experience
- Contribute to and assist the Programme Manager with the weekly report and CRM notes for the UK Operations Manager
- Organise the preparation for the student’s Village Healthcare Experience
Applicants must have:
- Excellent spoken English and writing ability
- A tourism interest/background
- Lived or studied in an English-speaking country
- History of working in customer service
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, determined & flexible
Age guide: 25 – 35 years
Location of work: Kathmandu, Nepal
Please refer to our website for further information about us – www.worktheworld.com
Please email your CV and Cover Letter before 31st January 2023 to: email@example.com
Expected starting date: Mid-End of February 2023
|Administrative / Management, Tourism Industry, Educational Training, Assistant, Hospitality / Hotel
|Based on experience
|Mid Level, Junior Level
|Bachelor's degree in a related field
|09 Jan, 2023
|31 Jan, 2023