Detailed Job description / requirements:
Project: Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Project (ORRP)
Works station: Project Office, Khijiphalate, Okhaldhunga
Technical Supervisor / Administrative Supervisor: Sr. Project Engireer, Project Manager
Salary : Salary benefits and facilities will be as per Demba Community Development Centre (DCDC) human resource management policies and agreement between Catholic Relief Services (CRS).
Major Responsibilities and Tasks:
The position will be responsible to work in close coordination with Project engineerandr Program Manager, Excuetive Director, other themetic coordinator and othe program reletated staffs, VDC level stakeholders, community level key persons and NRA VDC level engineer for provide necessary on-site technical support to community masons, and monitor weekly basis and report all achievement/difficulties/needs to Project Engineer. S(he) will be involved in dissemination of 10 key message for behaviour based saftey (BBS) to househoulds (HHs) & provide door to door assistance during shelter and CFW construction phase. This position is 100% field based. S/He will be responsible to implement and also assist/facilitate the following activities in close coordiantion with project releted staffs as per the agreement between DCDC and CRS :
The Assistant engineer will have a strong commitment to Shelter and livelihood along with the ability to represent at various levels. S/he should be highly motivated, flexible, and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. The Assistant Engineer will primarily be responsible for coordinating and implementing the Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Project- Restoration of two themetic related services of Project on behalf of DCDC, Okhaldhunga.
- Support to staff development and capacity building related to technical aspects of program.
- Support to survey, design, layout and implementation of construction works.
- Supervision and report to Project Engineer of project related activities.
- Participante in cluster level and staffs meeting.
- S/he will ensure the distribution of IEC material related to shelter.
- Training for masons using the Department of Urban Development and Building Construction (DUDBC) approved curriculum for earthquake resistant techniques to ensure application of resistant techniques in future construction works.
- Coordinate with NRA representative at local level for housing reconstruction works.
- Assess the capacities, skills and expertise of potential technical partners to ensure partners involved in the project have capacity to yield high quality results
- Supervise field technician and massons on a daily basis.
- Verification of reconstruction for topup grant.
- Ensure efficient and effective completion of shelter and infrastructure rehabilitation project activities in terms of technical outputs.
- Support technically for CFW in scheme fesibility study, estimate, review, reconstruction
- Monitor, superviose and provide technical input to ensure technical parameter of scheme.
- Provide door to door assistance in reconstructing houses of beneficiares
- Monitor field activities to ensure quality implementation of technical trainings and shelter/infrastructure rehabilitation projects
- Participate in internal and external meetings to review the effectiveness of program implementation.
- Liaison to government line agencies- Rural Municipality, Health Facility Management Committee, Village Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordination Committee, Ward Citizen Forum, Community Reconstroction Committee (CRC) etc.
- Experience in technical field and drawing, layout, survey, planing, implementation level in governmental and non-governmental organizations
- In depth knowledge of technical sector and its working modality in the country both government and non-government sector.
- Strong communication, documentation, and dissemination skills
- Excellent skills in operating computer.
- Technical skills and work experience in advocacy, lobbying and networking with technical and other sectors.
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas.
- Fully familiarized and proper understanding of NRA programs and issues related to technical and other cross cutting.
- Experience on working with I/ NGOs in the field of civil engineering.
- A strong commitment to technical and Human Rights is essential along with ability to represent at various levels
- Highly motivated, flexible, capable of working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to speek and understand local laguage
- Knowledge and understanding to incorporate gender and social enclusion in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Intermidiate or diploma in civil engineering.
- At least 2 years of relevant experiences).
Interested Nepali citizen are request to forward their Covering letter and CV with expected salary to directly on job portal or to email@example.com by 31 March 2019 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted for selection process. The organization reserve the rights to reject any/all application without assigning any reason whatsoever. We encourage women, people of ethnic minorities and Dalits to apply.
For more details:
Demba Community Development Center
Okhaldhunga Recovery and Resilience Program (ORRP)
Ofice Phone No. 9751097298
Contact Number: 9862651133
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||24 Mar, 2019|
|Apply Before||31 Mar, 2019|