Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative international non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change is the recipient of multiple awards, including a 2017 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Entrepreneurship, OpenIDEO Urban Resilience Challenge Winner, and was a top three finalist in IBM’s inaugural Call for Code Developer Challenge in 2018. To learn more about us and our programs in Colombia, Nepal, the Philippines and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
- This position reports to the Project Manager and Technical reporting to Lead Structural Engineer.
- Work with homeowners, builders and partners to assist them in design and construction supervision of earthquake-resistant housing reconstruction and retrofit.
- Assist in solving problems and generating solutions in the field for special cases.
- Assist in the revision or development of new structural and architectural drawings, bills of quantities, construction checklists and training materials if necessary.
- Assist in controlling quality of information and implementation for projects in Nepal.
- Communicate and report to the management about the progress/issues of projects implemented by Build Change.
- Prepare field reports and assist in other reporting as requested.
- Prepare required drawings and 3D models for buildings as necessary
- Work on any assignment as deemed necessary by the supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture with minimum 1 year of professional experience in earthquake resistant design and construction of buildings. Work experience in community led building projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit and/or other drafting software is a must. Working knowledge of Revit will be an added advantage.
- Excellence in Microsoft Office tools.
- Capacity to communicate technical topics in an easily understandable way and have capacity to live in community.
- Noego, drama or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
- Fluent Nepali and English.
To Apply please go to below link and follow instruction
|Category||Engineering - Architecture|
|Salary||Rs. 0 / H|
|Education||B.E. in Architecture|
|Posted Date||30 May, 2019|
|Apply Before||20 Jun, 2019|