Agriculture Supply Chain Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Agriculture Supply Chain Officer
LOCATION: Golfutar, Kathmandu with frequent travel to other district(s)
JOB LEVEL: Entry/Mid-Level
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time
MONTHLY SALARY: Rs 20,000-25,000
Application deadline is 5 February 2023.
Mandala Agrifresh Pvt. Ltd. is an agriculture supply chain management company located in Golfutar, Kathmandu. The company was established in 2020 with the goal to reduce post-harvest losses in agriculture. Mandala Agrifresh Pvt. Ltd. currently working to develop a low-cost supply chain management system for selected agriculture commodities through the adoption of applicable post-harvest technologies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support e-technical team to conduct/organize training of farmers, traders and other market actors on proper post-harvest management of fruits and vegetables using innovative technologies.
- Support technical team to conduct internal trial of low-cost post-harvest technologies.
- Oversee piloting of post-harvest technologies at farmer, trader and retailer level.
- Oversee the overall operation and management of cold rooms.
- Provide technical support to the team with the procurement and storage of fruits/vegetables.
- Any additional duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, business, or related field.
- Strong desired to learn about post-harvest management.
- Good communication skills in Nepali and English.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge about horticulture is desired.