Detailed Job description / requirements:
FHI 360 Nepal
FHI 360 has been working in Nepal since 1993 in the areas of HIV/AIDS, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, antimicrobial resistance, environment, capacity building, civil society and media strengthening, and governance reform. FHI 360’s work is grounded in evidence and aligns with and provides support to the Government of Nepal’s development priorities and plans. FHI 360 is recruiting a highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen as Administrative Officer.
The Administrative Officer will be responsible for procurement, inventory management, publication of advertisements, travel management, logistics support and overall office operation.
- Process Expense Authorization (EA) of all staff and visitors. Arrange hotel reservation, airline ticketing, vehicle rental and assist in travel of all staff and visitors as per FHI 360 travel policy.
- Manage FHI 360 Nepal vehicles to adequately accommodate project activities and also ensure that vehicle policy and procedures are strictly adhered.
- Prepare/process Procurement Request forms (PR) and Purchase Orders (PO) to obtain necessary signatures and approvals. Responsible for processing procurement ensuring FHI 360 Nepal procurement policy is strictly adhered to including reviewing of all procurement requests for completeness of necessary information and soliciting and reviewing quotations.
- Manage FHI 360 Nepal inventory including preparation of annual inventory report for submission to donor/s as per requirement.
- Support with management of all service agreements of FHI 360 Nepal office.
- Assist with timely logistics support for program related workshops, trainings and conferences.
- Coordinate to publish FHI 360 Nepal advertisements as and when required.
- Provide timely administrative support for management of office building operations (e.g. electricity, drinking water, communications, maintenance and repair of office equipment and furniture by service vendors etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Finance & Administrative Director, Project Lead and Country Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies, humanities or related behavioral or social sciences field.
- Three years’ experience in an administrative and/or office management function.
- Previous experience in an I/NGO environment will be an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in English and Nepali.
- Good judgment and the ability to deal pleasantly and effectively with people.
- Strong team player skills and resourcefulness.
- Proactive and independent approach to work with willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with project staff, government counterparts, IAs and vendors
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal relationship.
- Ability to work in and with groups with both Nepalese and expatriates.
To apply for this job online, please click on the link https://www.fhi360.org/careers
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. August 14, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification.