Admin Finance Manager
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization (NNDSWO) (1982) is a network based national organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. Organization envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected.Its Mission is to 'eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life'. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with a dozens of inter/national partners/donors.
Currently, we are seeking competent and committed candidates for the following position:
Proposed Role: Admin Finance Manager – 1 (NNDSWO's Central Office)
Report to: Executive Director
NNDSWO announces the vacancy for the position of Admin and Finance Manager for highly professional and competent candidate who will be responsible for overseeing all financial accounting and general office services for a high-quality, results-oriented project. Furthermore, s/he will be responsible for maintaining the programme’s financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, Nepal government’s regulations, NNDSWO policies and procedures, and donor requirements throughout the life of the project.
- Responsible for overall financial and administrative management in full adherence with the organizational policies and donor compliance;
- Ensure the smooth operation of all matters related to the planning, management and monitoring of the project including procurement and contracting;
- Maintain the books of account up-to-date; prepare periodic and ad hoc financial reports as per need and format provided by donors for internal and external purposes.
- Prepare and carry out day-to-day financial transactions;
- Obtain and check all bills/invoices and other necessary supporting documents, including travel claims and advance settlements, before the payments;
- Ensure effective back-up arrangement; ensure timely completion of tasks and submission of outputs;
- Carry out the bank operations and control including deposits and issuing cheques for payments;
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements after obtaining bank statements and outstanding advance summary form every month;
- Assist in providing technical assistance to and monitoring of project district offices in the area of financial management;
- Carry out all tasks related to VAT refunds, if any, and tax deposits and clearances of the project;
- Undertake annual closing of the accounts in ‘FAMAS’ or the agreed system;
- Develop & maintain effective office system (IT support, office maintenance, update fixed assets register, vender listing) ensuring these are consistent with NNDSWO operating requirements.
- Support in proposal preparation process including developing the budget;
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with EU’s contractual requirements
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the finance officers (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project;
- Oversee payroll procedures for project staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds;
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits;
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds from the district project offices, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the timely disbursement of the fund;
- Carry out staff appraisal, needs assessment and prepare training programs; &
- Assist the NNDSWO team with other duties as deemed necessary for the timely and successfully execution and implementation of the program and its activities
Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
· Minimum Three years’ work experience of handling multiple projects in NGO admin and finance sector
Knowledge and Skills
- Professional integrity, courtesy and practice of good governance in all works and personal outputs;
- Teamwork & good working relationship with other NNDSWO members and staff;
- Follow the Code of Conduct, policies, norm, constitution and values of NNDSWO;
- Organizational loyalty committed to work towards the sustainability and development of NNDSWO;
- Proactively and creatively seek out opportunities to progress the Dalit rights and promote non-discrimination at every level;
- Ensure the official confidentiality of NNDSWO in any external communications;
- Willingness to conduct field visits as and when required;
- Person who can demonstrate time flexibility.
OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFEGUARDING:
NNDSWO is fully committed to preventing any type of inappropriate behavior at work place including sexual harassment, caste and gender based discrimination, exploitation and abuse, lack of professional integrity and financial misconduct and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. NNDSWO expects all office bearers, staff and volunteers to fully comply with our core values, principles and our code of conduct. We are committed to recruit only those who share and demonstrate our values.
Applicants are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter mentioning minimum salary expectation by 15 September 2019. Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained. Preference will be given to female, dalit and person from marginalized communities.
Note: NNDSWO reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.