Detailed Job description / requirements:
Royal Gurkhas Institute of Technology (RGIT) Australia is a leading vocational education provider in Australia and one of Melbourne’s most competitive providers. With a founding principal of delivering excellence in training, and fundamental objective is to provide students with an environment that enables them to reach their full potential. RGIT Australia is proud to offer a learning environment that pays attention to student welfare and fosters equal opportunity education for students of all ages.
Our office is looking for highly motivated and dedicated Accounts officer to work within Accounting and Finance Department.
The accounts officer is responsible for providing support to the Financial Accountant and general accounting assistance to staff within the Accounting and Finance Department. Serves in managing overall administrative and financial tasks and reporting to the Assistant Accountant, the Accounts officer will be required to assist in the wide range of functions with an emphasis on assisting with the processes which contribute to goal of maintaining accurate and reliable accounts.
This is a role that requires a highly capable, self-motivated person with the willingness required to acquire the knowledge, experience, and skills to progress to higher levels of duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain, Update and Reconcile Bank Accounts
- Relieve accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Raise invoices and allocate payments
- Process monthly journals and manage the month end process to ensure that reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Assist the Financial Accountant/Finance Manager with the preparation of annual Financial Statements and other statutory accounts
- Assist the Financial Accountant/Finance Manager in the preparation of budget, forecast and conduct variance analysis
- Advise on system and workflow problems
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance with a minimum of two years’ relevant work experience
- High level numeracy and reconciliation skills, with demonstrated high attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Knowledge of relevant Australian Accounting Standards and Australian taxation legislation (Preferred)
- Knowledge of financial service processes including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations is preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft product such as MS Office
- Ability to use initiative, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Prior experience in education industry is preferable
- Demonstrated ability to meet month end closing and statutory deadlines is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal relationship
This is a full-time position based in Bakhundole, Lalitpur-1 Nepal.
This position offers excellent career opportunities in a friendly and supportive work environment.
If you believe you are qualified and suitable for this position, please submit your cover letter together with your resume.