Detailed Job description / requirements:
Gateway Accounting Services Pvt. Ltd. Is established with the sole purpose to provide excellent accounting services to our corporate clients. The primary focus is to establish high-fidelity accounting data processing and risk-based audit procedures based on client’s needs. Staff at Gateway Accounting Services will have the chance to work with high volume of corporate data, which otherwise is not possible elsewhere. The office environment is engaging and fun that is heavily corroborated with digital automation. Gateway Accounting Services Pvt. Ltd. maintains international clients and staff here, will have the chance to work with accounting data from various international companies. The head office is located at Gothatar-8, kageshwori, Manahara, Kathmandu. The resonance of quiet environment does surely motivate individuals to reach their true potential. We are ready to train the deserving candidate if the staff can prove their willingness to learn and improve. If you want excitement and challenges at work, we want to know you.
You will be working with our talented Certified Accountants from the United States and other major countries during your tenure.
Position: Qualified and Semi-Qualified- CA (Nepal or Indian Board)
No. of Vacancy: 5+
- With appropriate supporting documentation, prepare journal entries to record accruals, deferrals, capitalizations, amortization, depreciation and interdepartmental entries into the company’s accounting ledger.
- Reconcile accounts on a regular basis. Ensure that all entries are accurate and that transactions are reported in accordance with public company accounting standards and government regulations.
- Reviews and maintains the Fixed Asset ledger.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Performs analytical review as required, including researching variances between actual expense activities and budget
- Help Accounts Payable by coordinating with relevant departments for approval and ensuring timely & accurate processing and payment of invoices, matching of goods billed to goods received and weekly payment runs and monthly accrual.
- Help Accounts Receivable by tracking payments received, following up on payments due, and monthly reserve.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Balances encumbrances, general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year end close process.
- Prepares and assists in preparing financial reports and analysis; maintains or assists in maintaining general and subsidiary ledgers and supporting schedules for a variety of accounts
- Reviews accounting documents to ensure accuracy and makes correcting entries as required: examines supporting documentation to establish proper authorization and conformance with agreements, contracts and federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Reconcile vendor statements and pay applications; assists accounts payable with resolving and researching payment issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Update list requested information and supporting documents
- Prepare financial work papers and adjustment
- Prepare financial statement
- Verify Bank Recon ties with General Ledger
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable & Retainage Receivable, Other Receivables
- Reconcile Prepaid Accounts
- Reconcile Inventory
- Fixed Assets Reconciliation
- Investment Reconciliation
- Reconcile Accounts Payable & Retainage Payable
- Reconcile Credit Card Payable
- Payroll Liabilities
- Payroll Taxes
- Loans and Leases Reconciliation
- GE Tax liability Reconciliation
- Other Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation
- Indirect Allocation and Job Cost Reconciliation
- Work in Progress Revisions and Finalizing & Over/under billing
- Complete the financial packet
- Regular, reliable attendance required
- Must be able to manage and provide guidance for team members
- Participate in corporate development initiatives to support and facilitate business growth
- Must have at least a semi-qualified CA qualification
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business, and/or the equivalent of a minimum of 4 years related experience in financial and/or cost accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in performing financial functions including: preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial statement analysis, financial report preparation, variance analysis and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Self-starter with motivation to drive improvements
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to bring business insight to analytical tasks
- Knowledge of accounting, finance, and budgeting principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong oral and written communication skills with subordinate staff, peers, and senior staff across the organization
- Deadline and customer service oriented
- Strong attention to detail with focus on accuracy, as well as proficient research skills
- Experience with automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Intermediate to advanced technical proficiency with MS Office suite: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, instant messaging, and internet navigation
- Competencies below are typical company competencies, but can be higher or lower based on position:
- Achievement Oriented – focusing your efforts on achieving high quality results
- Passion for Teamwork - Work with others to help them achieve their personal and the organizational goals. You celebrate your wins with others, celebrate others wins and success, and realize when the company falls short, you fall short and look for ways to succeed
- Exemplify Integrity - treating others fairly, honestly, and respectfully; furthering the integrity of the organization and its relationships of trust within your own teams, customers, and the broader community; maintains ethical principles even in the most challenging circumstances
- Must be able to adhere to attendance policies and attendance requirements.
- Monthly Salary - Rs 40,000 to Rs 50,000 (Candidates will be evaluated based on their work experiences and achievements)
- Training will be provided at work
- Travel Allowance
- lunch Allowance
Interested candidates are requested to send in their cover letter and resume along with your supporting documents clarifying your education and work experiences to firstname.lastname@example.org.