Account or Finance Officer
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO involved in the fields of local capacity building & action research with special focus on food security, household incomes and resource conservation invites application from interested candidates for the following positions for its head office at Chitwan.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Posted date: Friday, February 19, 2021
Last date: Sunday, February 28, 2021
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO founded in 1997, working in the field of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, Livestock, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Sustainable Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management is looking for an experienced admin and finance staff for its projects. Interested candidates (Nepali Citizens) are requested to send their application through email along with their updated curriculum vitae via this link https://forms.gle/9LBWYYoiLUiaXzNGA until February 28, 2021. The duty station could be project office in Terai or head office at Chitwan based on relevant work experience and job matching of the candidates.
The Account or Finance Officer will provide daily operational and administrative support services to his/her assigned project/s. This employee will report directly to the concerned project coordinator and assist him/her on matters related to budget management, administrative support, financial planning, cash management, expense management, accounting, yearly closing, audit, and bank relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of the organization or project as appropriate
- Prepare and implement accounting policies of the organization and funding agencies as appropriate.
- Prepare monthly financial reports including reconciliations, and cash flow projections
- Handle or oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare all fiscal reporting activities for the organization or project including: operational budget, revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets
- Ensure adequate cash flow management
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants
- Inventories management of the project/s
- Assist the management team in preparing financial budgets at the beginning of every Fiscal Year for the organization or for projects, etc.
- Should be familiar with Project Accounting
- Should know about the Taxation Policies & Slabs laid down by Nepal Govt.
- Good with FAMAS/Tally Software
- Excellent in Excel
- Good in verbal and written English
- Should generate the report for Audit purpose
- Proven ability to create and assess financial statements and budget documents, and to create and maintain the local financial processes and policies
- Familiar with donor reporting requirement/experience
- Ability for supporting project on administrative duties and inventory management
- Should bring a can-do attitude and hands-on approach to the daily operations
- Agility and taking ownership is expected
- Willing to do frequent field visits
Education & Experience
- Completion of a minimum bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university in the field of Management, Finance, Accounting or Economics or equivalent
- 2+ years of working experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to establish financial processes and execute the daily financial management and accounting activities
- Salary and benefits will be as per the provision mentioned in the project.
To apply, please send your latest CV and a cover letter via this link https://forms.gle/9LBWYYoiLUiaXzNGA latest by February 28, 2021.
Candidates will be selected for interview based on their curriculum vitae and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Candidate willing to start the job immediately after selection will be given priority.
Please visit FORWARD Nepal's website: www.forwardnepal.org/ announcements for further information.