Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working in the areas of integrated community development, agriculture, forestry, human rights, peace building and social justice, having strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social and cultural rights and right to development. We also work extensively on natural resource management, disaster management and climate change adaptation and mitigation activities. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of people in rural areas.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
RURAL RECONSTRUCTION NEPAL
Vacancy announcement for an Account Officer
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) a leading non-government development organization in Nepal is looking a young energetic account officer for its head office based in Gairidhara, Kathmandu. The competent and interested persons only who meets the required qualifications and experiences are invited to submit your application along with the CV. latest by 17th. January 2021.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Maintain general ledger, accounts payable, expense reports, billing, and payroll.
- Manage all accounting transactions, prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time, handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivables
- Ensure timely payments, compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Assist in the management of grants reporting, compliance, and reconciliation.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, in a timely manner, and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and controls that are current best practices related to transaction processing.
- Minimum Bachelors Degree in Business, Management and specialization in Accounting
- Minimum 5 to Maximum 10 years experience of accounting
- Has sound work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
Offered Salary: As norms of the organization and negotiable
Interested candidates who meet the requirements, please apply with your updated resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com latest by 17th January 2021. RRN promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from minority groups (Female, Dalit, Janajati and other minority communities). RRN reserves the right to accept or reject applications without assigning any reasons. Telephone calls will not be entertained.