Nepal Water for Health (NEWAH) is a national level non-governmental organization (NGO) that specializes in WASH (drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion). Established in 1992, it has been working actively to provide basic water and sanitation related services to poor communities; and in strengthening the capacity of local communities in sustaining these services and further utilize their potential to undertake other development initiatives as per their need. NEWAH operates in selective Rural/Urban Municipalities of Nepal through its two provincial offices located in Sindhuli, Bagmati Province and Baglung, Gandaki Province of the country with the support of over 100 professional staff.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The AccountAssistant is responsible for providing support to the Financial Accountant and general accounting assistance to staff within the Provincial Finance Department. The Account Assistant will be required to assist in the wide range of functions with an emphasis on assisting with the processes which contribute to goal of maintaining accurate and reliable accounts in province and field level.
This is a role that requires a highly capable, self-motivated person with the willingness required to acquire the knowledge, experience and skills.
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Gandaki Province Office, Baglung, Nepal
- Maintain, Update and Reconcile Bank Accounts
- Relieve accounts payable
- Process monthly journals and manage the month end process to ensure that reporting deadlines are adhered to
- Assist to update CIT, PF, Tax file and other accounting works
- Assist the Finance Officer/Finance Manager with the preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annually Financial Statements and other statutory accounts
- Assist the Finance Officer/Finance Manager in the preparation of budget, forecast and conduct variance analysis
- Assist the Admin Section and inventory management
- Frequent field visit to support field staffs
- Minimum Intermediate pass in commerce with a minimum two years’ relevant work experience
- High level numeracy and reconciliation skills, with demonstrated high attention to detail and accuracy with figures
- Knowledge of FAMAS Accounting Software
- Knowledge of financial service processes including payroll, accounts payable, bank reconciliations and general ledger reconciliations is preferable
- Knowledge of Microsoft product such as MS Excel, MS Word
- Ability to use initiative, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to meet month end closing and statutory deadlines is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal relationship
Salary and Benefits:
Basic Salary: Rs. 22,000
Dearness Allowance: Rs. 14,100
PF, Gratuity and Other Benefits as per organization rules
Duration: Maximum nine months with probation period of six months
Kindly send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the job title, or directly through the jobsnepal.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.
local and disadvantaged group candidates are highly encouraged to apply.