Account & Admin. Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Account & Admin. Officer-1 (Rukum Based}
Women’s Rehabilitation Centre (WOREC) is a national level NGO working for women's human rights and to ensure women empowerment through protection and promotion of human rights and social justice focusing on campaigns against violence against women, and women's economic, social and cultural rights nation-wide. Our working districts with offices are spread over Morang, Sunsari, Udayapur, Siraha, Dhanusha, Dang, Kailali, Mahottari, Sarlahi, Rukum and the Central Office is located in Lalitpur. WOREC is currently looking for candidates to fulfill the following positions:
Account & Admin. Officer: will play key role in the Financial and administrative operations of the WOREC Rukum district by undertaking general finance, administration, Human resource and procurement tasks under the guidance and direction of the Finance and Admin. Coordinator, Human Resource officer and Procurement and Administration Officer.
The position reports directly to the Finance and Admin. Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain proper books of accounts and ensure proper documentations.
- Ensure compliance with projects and organizational policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, yearly financial reports and submit it to the concerned department on time.
- Maintain inventories record, fixed assets and all bank transactions; cross-verify/ perform physical verification from time to time.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements, handle petty cash transaction
- Prepare, revise and submit the budget, financial statement and report as required and Coordinate with Program Department to prepare the budget for the program.
- Effectively communicate with District Coordinator, District Project Officer and Finance/Admin. Coordinator regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
- Maintain the updated personal files, time sheet and leave record of employees.
- Assist line manager in running the program activities by providing financial planning as requested and needed.
- Make timely payment of all vendors, regular utilities and communication charges to the concerned parties on time to avoid fine/ penalty charges.
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders and local donors in financial matters at branch level.
- Deposit withheld taxes on each month to local tax authorities.
- Provide support and cooperation to the central office account and finance team during internal and External audits and support in preparing and providing all supporting documents as required.
- Procure Goods and Services as per administration policy.
- Perform the task as assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or business management or related field with at least two year experience in same position.
- Must possess excellent accounting knowledge, knowledge about tax, VAT and other tax provisions, thorough with GoN rules and regulations,
- Good understanding of programs and program budget possess reporting skills, knowledge and practice of accounting software packages and preference with acknowledge of “ERP Tally”
- Ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks with a high degree of organization and less supervision.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, maintain confidentiality with sensitive data and information
- Ability to establish good working environment and lead the team.
Qualified candidates may send cover letter detailing their experience and motivation for the current position with an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th August 2021. Please mention the position you are applying in the subject line.The position will be fulfilled on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Please mention the district you are applying for in the cover letter.
The application without cover letter and CV and not meeting the required criteria will not be considered for the
Only the shortlisted candidates meeting the criteria will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will
WOREC Nepal encourages women and candidates from Dalit/Janjati and sexual minority to apply.
For details visit: