Request for Proposal : Detail
Only short listed candidates will be notified for interview. Telephone inquires will not be entertained.
- Company: Mercy Corps
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Nepal
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check details below.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Ref Number: PR/KTM/2339
MERCY CORPS OVERVIEW
Mercy Corps is an international, non-governmental humanitarian relief and development agency that exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people to build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps was established in 1979, and has worked in over 100 countries. Mercy Corps began its operation in Nepal in 2005, with projects focusing on the sectors of economic and food security; climate, natural resource and disaster risk management; youth engagement; with the inclusion of women and disadvantaged groups as important cross-cutting themes throughout each intervention area. Mercy Corps Nepal works to build the absorptive, adaptive and transformative potential of vulnerable individuals and communities across Nepal. The goal is attained through a systems based approach to market development, financial services, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and youth engagement.
The Promoting Agriculture, Health and Alternative Livelihoods program (PAHAL) is a five-year (2014 to 2019) Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Assistance Program (DFAP). The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) / Nepal’s Community Resilience Program provides technical and managerial oversight. The PAHAL goal is statement is, vulnerable populations in the middle and high hills of Mid-Western and Far Western Nepal are food secure.
Purpose / Objective of the Training: Mercy Corps Nepal is seeking proposals from interested parties (firms and individuals) to conduct three-day training sessions in the far-west and mid-west offices and with the PAHAL program’s 14 district partners. The excel training objective is to improve the ability of field staff to analyze program data.
Instructions for the Proposal: The proposal should include a written proposal (points 2-7 below). Written proposals will be reviewed and those meeting the minimum threshold of 75 points will be called in to present their five-minute example training session (point 1 below).
- Five minute excel training presentation to illustrate training approaches and consultant training skills. This should be treated as a mock training event. The Mercy Corps evaluation committee will act as trainees.
- The draft work plan should include detailed tasks. The tasks should fall within three categories; preparation time, training time and final report time. Please include a one to two paragraph description, explaining and justifying your plan.
- The consultant should present their approach and logistical arrangement for conducting the trainings per the list of trainees in the terms of reference (TOR). The consultant can propose to include multiple offices in one training to reduce costs. The draft training plan should include a tentative list of training sites and which team members from the staffing plan will be working where.
- Paragraph describing past experience providing excel training.
- Staffing plan of who will be involved in the project and a short description of their roles and past experience.
- Proposed facilitator resume(s).
- Budget for travel, consultant fees, materials, venue and office supplies will be provided. MC can assist with printing of materials if required.
Proposal grading criteria are as follows:
- Training approach (30/100) points 1-3 above
- Past experience (20/100) point 4 above
- Staffing plan (30/100) points 5-6 above
- Budget (20/100) point 7 above
Please send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 March, 5:00 PM. Please write “PAHAL Excel Training Q&A” in the email subject line. MC will provide responses to all queries via email. If you do not have questions but would like to receive responses on 20 March, please send a blank email using the same subject, “PAHAL Excel Training Q&A”.
Mercy Corps Nepal invites applications from qualified consultants/ firms. Please visit nepal.mercycorps.org to download RFQ form and Terms of Reference. Firms/Individuals interested in this consultancy should submit a Letter of Interest and written proposal per the instructions above to email@example.com no later than 30th March 2018 by COB 5:00 PM. Incomplete quotation documents received after closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted organizations and individuals will be contacted for further process. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the application. Mercy Corps reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals without assigning any reason.